Hi there Humpty Dumpty.

lead shot has been illigal to use in Holland for hunting for over 10 years now.

I think that reloading is legal, biggest problem will be the amound of powder that you are allowed to have at home. Knowing the Dutch obsession with safety rules, this will most likely be limited to a few ounces or so. Even so, I think that gun clubs are only allowed to sell you "brand" name ammo to shoot with at their range (they even have to register how many shots you fire as they must take in al non fired ammo). But I am not certain about this....

Rules also state that you must be able to hunt in Holland in order to keep your gun licence, so ordering a permission from Roemania by email is not possible unfortunately .

The problem with hunting in Holland is the fact that we are the 2end most densely populated country in the world, (only Bangladesh is more populated, at least they where before they got flooded AGAIN ) All this population/roads/industry is taking a big toll on the hunting grounds.
There is also the problem that a lot of nature that is left has been "protected", so no hunting is allowed there.
Ofcourse, there still are hunting grounds, but the rights to those are not exactly cheap.

There are clay pidgeon shooting ranges which get often frequented by the remaining hunters, but nowadays hunting has mostly become a sport for the elite which can afford to lease hunting grounds.

In order for me get close enough to those people for them to sign me my yearly release, some continuously major sucking up to somebody will be requierd, and frankly, I refuse to bow down to such practises.

I rather shoot .22 rounds from my shotgun for the next two years (after which btw, I will actually be allowed to buy myself a SECOND weapon) than be a "slave" to somebody's whims every year.

After the next few years of monthly dull .22 shooting, I think I will buy myself a nice classic gun. I am thinking of either a Lee enfield, or a Garand.

Greets

William