KY Jon, I suppose from your comments that you feel Cabelas (sic) is in kahoots with all the gun control lobbies out there.

Why would you think that? I do not see it as a conspiracy just as a fact of life. They can sell a few gun at high margins and have full racks or sell many guns at low margins and have half empty racks. The amount of money they make is the same just the number are different.

Most people do not know a real bargain from a over priced gun. An educated buyer is very selective and is not the major targeted customer. I like Crapbellas and stop by when ever I am able to when I drive by one. If I was going to buy a 5K or 10+K gun they would not be my first choice. No in house gunsmith or even well educated gun room staff is a major drawback to me.

Selling big ticket items is funny on the net. If you ask car dealers they will tell you that the used car net sales are at lower margins because they have to complete against every other dealer on the net. I know several dealers which post internet prices which are much lower than the prices you get quoted in person. But gun prices either are at the regular or extra high prices. Good luck with your Dr sale.