This must be driving the trade nuts. If I was in the trade and needed to have a gun proofed the last place I would be willing to take a chance on sending it to right now is the London proof house. Too many questions not answered to my taste. Guns are a major investment that can not be risked without real concern for loss and the proof house has absolutely no intention of being responsible for the owners loss. If they have changed the rules of the game and not informed people are guns being proofed to a higher level than the owners have assumed? What pressure is a proof load? Are the two proof loads at a lower max. pressure or higher pressure?

But the next question I have is how can two proof houses, in one country, have different proof practices and what does that say about the concept of proofing gun in general? To be safe I am sure people are delaying sending guns out for proof or at least sending them only to the Birm. proof house since all the rumors and stories I have heard to date seem to center around the London proof house. Questions need answers and time will I hope fill in the blanks.