June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Der Ami, steve f, 1 invisible), 466 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,584
Posts546,736
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is an Harry Kell c 1940,upcoming Shooting Sportsman Article by Victor Ventors/Trevallion. The Fred Scales'Mystery Gun'.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is an Harry Kell c 1940,upcoming Shooting Sportsman Article by Victor Ventors/Trevallion. The Fred Scales'Mystery Gun'.

JohnM,
good comments, and the book is called "Three Centuries of Tradition, the renaissance of custom sporting arms in america", and I have two copies in the original shrink wrap available.

All the best,
Barry Lee Hands
http://www.barryleehands.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck, Many thanks for the'Help'....This is my 1st attempt putting a photo on D.G shop.I've got Barry L.H. in my rt.ear,from Montana,& Richard(gun-vault.com)in myleft ear! Thats where I've taken the Photo from....Man....If I cant 'Smoke Black It,& Cut It With a Wood Chisel',I;m lost!!!!CC/dt

Sidelock
Sidelock

Barry,

One copy is hereby sold!!!

Been looking for one since I took a carving course from Jim Chambers and visited the exhibit in Indiana. That Gusler wire inlay on the stock was pretty fascinating. spent about an hour just standing there,trying to 'figure' it.

E-me, pliz and money will fly y'r way.

John

Relax; we're all experts here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry but I couldn't resist. Here is a sampling of gaps I did not get:

Apparently you need to render an arm and a leg (and one eye; not to mention parts more painful) to get them.

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I guess it all depends on what you call a gap. I see gaps, especially on the left (Merkel?) and the center. The right action looks to be well disguised perhaps.

But had you posted these in another thread - I'd never have noticed. They are not important.

I like the shap of the center gun. What is it?

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent, the left gun is a Simson and yes it does show gaps in the picture that are a lot less visible in the flesh (I may be needing new glasses). The AyA on the right is as it looks, no disguise. The gun you liked is the Beretta S3EL engraved by Giuseppe Bregoli.

You are absolutely right that the gaps are really not important and my post was intended as a light banter more than anything. I am very happy with my doubles and am not looking at their minor flaws but at their overall good looks.

I never forget a test that was done in a Dale Carnegie course: a large white sheet with a small black dot in the middle was placed in front of the audience and they were asked what they saw; everybody saw the black dot, no one saw a white sheet with a small black spot. As someone said above, human nature.

JC(AL)

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've always had a leaning towards the true gamegun - and never the letting the engraver get into the way.
Some guns are popart-tarts, and some for the moors.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.