In 1955 my parents lived in NYC when I was born but technically the hospital was up the road in Yonkers.

No one hunted in our family, I had an air rifle when I was a kid that I would load with wads of clay and target shoot in the basement, no BB gun for me.

Never gave hunting much thought until I was 30, I spent all my free time, fishing in saltwater, SCUBA diving and the assorted worthless things young men do and never regret.

When I was 30 all my good friends were "hunters", they went to deer camp, partied, I think one of them actually brought home a deer once. I got invited along so that year I took the safety course, bought a Browning 12ga. pump, borrowed a slug barrel and went hunting.

I loved it, got a deer my second year, did some pheasant shooting, and it took off from there. All those friends that hunted were "asked " to stop by there wives or kids, I'm the only one left that is still an avid shooter.

I've found a whole new set of hunting pards in the last 10 years. Sadly, most are older than I.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn