Mike: Thanks for the note re: Hammers- have other misc parts in the "cigar box" so don't hesitate to let me know- I shot several "European tower release" shoots in MI- a few were DU Sponsor events- sometimes they'd let a barn pigeon out with a $20 bill duct-taped to a leg- sort of a "Red-Pin bowling" event-fun, but everyone "unloads" both barrels and you end up with a lot of "ventilated birds"- Ernest Hemingway wrote about driven bird shooting back in the l940's- said that "driven bird shooting was well worth what you had to pay for it"- Maybe-I get my "driven birds" from shooting barn pigeons in a stiff breeze! No doves , dammit!! Here's the actual two quotes- from Hemingway 1935-his article: "Remembering Flying: A Key West Letter" "The trouble with substituting clays for driven birds is there isn't any thud, nor is there the line of bare trees, not are you standing on a wet, leaf strewn road, nor do you hear the beaters, nor the racket when a cock pheasant gets up, and as he tops the trees, you are on him, then ahead of him, and at the shot he turns over and there is that thump when he lands. Shooting driven pheasants is worth whatever you pay for it!" RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 06/19/08 01:22 PM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..