Born in 1945 in Ottumwa,Iowa to a career navy father and a former Wave mother. Grew up all over but spent most of my growing up years in the town of North East ,Maryland near the Chesapeake bay.Had a bb gun at 7 and a 22 at 12 and gave the squirrels fits as they were my favorite game.Moved back to Iowa in 1962 and learned to love pheasant hunting. Joined the marines and did a tour of Vietnam in '65-66 with a recon battalion and learned the absolute necessity of being able to shoot straight and being prepared for anything.When my youngest son passed away at 9 years old I decided that I didn't want to take any more life and pretty much stopped hunting.Spent 28 years at John Deere in Waterllo,Iowa and retired in 2005. I still like guns but now I am trying to get my oldest son started in collecting and shooting.I am absolutely in awe of the skill and flair that out current and past gunmakers have shown in the making of fine guns.This is a wonderful forum even when it gets a little "out there".