Born in Chicago 1951, but lived four blocks from Lincoln Park Traps. Worked as a trapboy and shot competitive skeet and some trap. Used to walk past Diversey Harbor with my Ithaca 37 in a soft case to LPT when I was 16--wonder what would happen today?

I kept that gun under my bed in college in DC and would occasionally hop two buses, carrying my cased Ithaca, through DC to Andrews AFB. Long-haired, young civilian with a gun during a war, never had a problem getting onto the base, but always seemed to get a lift around the perimeter road to the skeet field from the APs (saved about a 2 mile walk). Don't think I'd like to try any part of that trip today or ask the college about keeping the gun!

Started shooting rifles in college where the team was run by ROTC, because I thought my draft number made it a good idea to learn (in retrospect probably not my smartest decision--what happens to someone who can really shoot?). Luckily war wound down just as I graduated. Kept shooting for a year or two, but quit in law school and for twenty years after.

Came back to some recreational shooting and hunting in my 40s, but have not found it such fun recently since the vision in the right eye is gone--shooting lefty is a new experience, but doesn't feel right (pun intended). So, there's my Odyssey