Originally Posted by Tim Cartmell
I noted on the Gamebore website that the Regal cartridges are labelled as being moderate recoil.

I contacted the Canadian Kent cartridge distributor and they confirmed with Gamebore UK that the Gamebore Regal shot shells are loaded to the same pressures as their old Gamebore Pure Gold cartridges. See attached 2 1/2 inch cartridge thread discussion (2015). The Gamebore Pure Gold, 2 1/2 inch (12 gauge, 1 ounce) cartridge pressures were recorded as being 7832 psi and 6526 psi for the he paper hull version. "Various 2_1/2 inch loads for damascus"

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how the Gamebore Super Game High Bird cartridges are for recoil? I see they are labelled on the UK Gamebore website as being low recoil.
_____
TC

That is exactly my understanding as well. Not surprising as it comes from the same source. I know CJO uses Kent Regal regularly in the vintage gins he's shooting. I have a bunch of the Regals and a bunch of RST. I tend to use the Regal when hunting as the recoil from a few shots at wild birds tends not to register. I did the same with the old Gamebore Pure Gold.