December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online
13 registered (buckstix, Beagle, Crane, canvasback, Arctic, 2 invisible), 13 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13718 Members
9 Forums
33813 Topics
470239 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Holt's by Owenjj3 @ 9 minutes 20 seconds ago

Nice, Mike. I bid on 2 today at Gavin's, with no success. The Boss side lever and Radcliffe .410 ejector were not meant to be in my safe!
Jump to new posts Re: Model 12 Question by skeettx @ 22 minutes 14 seconds ago

PM sent, Mike PLUS http://guncollectionsonline.com/model12.htm https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=393216
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Frank's 7x57 engraved 1903 by 375whelenIMP @ 22 minutes 40 seconds ago

Yes its the screw on the noske mount
Jump to new posts Re: Model 12 Question by dblgnfix @ 31 minutes 0 seconds ago

Don't know the exact serial number span but I am pretty sure the chamber length for 16ga was changed to 2 3/4 in 1927 or 1928 in the model 12
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Creeping Orwellian infiltration by felix @ 35 minutes 54 seconds ago

"Jagd vorbei" in Österreich After 56 years of continously holding an Austrian hunting license I have ceased to continue. It does not make sense/has no merit to hold one for a bird hunter. As a sympton, the Jagdleiter of an area I hunted in
Jump to new posts Model 12 Question by Lloyd3 @ 39 minutes 51 seconds ago

Since I've been isolated from the 16ga.com forum for sometime now, I'll ask this here: what was the serial number range where 2 5/8-inch chambers became 2 3/4-inch in the 16 gauge guns? I can think of at least one of the denizens here that will know
I am late to the thread as well. However, I have no concerns using my high grade guns in decent weather in the field hunting. Every gun in my safe is a "shooter". I would use any gun I own pass shooting (dove, duck, pigeon, driven). I al
I have a Challenger Hellcat and my buddy asked me why I don't drive it more. I told him I didnt what to put that many miles on it. His comment was "Having a hot car and not driving it because an increase on the odometer will lower the value, is
Jump to new posts Re: Super nice guns for hunting, good or bad idea? by Run With The Fox @ Today at 01:57 PM

The old pre-WW1 "ruling classes in Europe" were mainly there for show- hence the Czar almost owning a Invincible (En Hoc Signo Vinces) Paaarrrkar- to shoot tweetie birds with from the lawn of one of the many estates (while his people starve
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: WTS: Dickinson 28ga choke set by ithaca1 @ Today at 01:57 PM

Perry, I did the same. Bought the 30" as long barrels seem to be the rage, and didnt like the length at all. I went 25" and Briley did the work. They installed their thin wall chokes without the spanner slots. The work is nice. Now I have
Jump to new posts Re: Frank's 7x57 engraved 1903 by Recoil Rob @ Today at 01:53 PM

Lovely gun! What's that hanging down from the left side of the action in picture 7? Part of the scope mount?
Jump to new posts Frank's 7x57 engraved 1903 by 375whelenIMP @ Today at 01:39 PM

Excited to get a really nice one in not standard 30-06. I got 2 rifles that used to belong to Frank G. Baldwin. Still looking into who he was but very good taste in firearms it seems. The inletting really jumps out at me.
Jump to new posts Re: anyone recognize these locks? by RARiddell @ Today at 11:55 AM

Nothing there!
Yes....that's what I was afraid of....still more mystery in the English gun-making progress - how did patent use numbers work? Were all firms the same? How did numbering systems work? How did outworkers contracts work? Does a gun company get cred
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 1921 Fox AE grade 20ga by keith @ Today at 11:01 AM

jOe, Vol423 is not going to be happy about you telling the truth about him again. That just isn't considered acceptable by people like him.
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 8mm Mauser ammo by Hoot4570 @ Today at 10:53 AM

Gunboards want ads usually have some mil-surp being offered. I don't know if it's fairly priced or not. Here's a recent example => https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?1123301-WTS-8-mm-Ammo Page through the ads and you'll find more.
Jump to new posts Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 10:49 AM

I follow your line of thinking, Argo. I would guess not all holders of patents used the same patent use process that Westley Richards did. Of course they were one of the industry leaders, but I'm not sure others did exactly the same. As to when the
Jump to new posts Re: anyone recognize these locks? by Shotgunlover @ Today at 10:38 AM

RARidell check your PMs.
Many thanks Daryl. Here's my thinking on patents (and please correct me if I'm wrong). If Reilly built a gun, it's logical that the Reilly company paid for the patents. Thus, if a company's records have Reilly payments - voila proof they made the g
When I go to South America to hunt I don't put my good stuff in with the luggage. If I plan on climbing the mountain for elusive flocks of Mearns quail I don't take my good stuff. Banging around in the dusty/open Jeep I don't take my good stuff....I
Jump to new posts Re: Super nice guns for hunting, good or bad idea? by Doug Mann @ Today at 09:09 AM

Well, I don't have a large selection of guns to hunt with but they are pretty nice. The first is a Francotte Eagle grade that I refinished (A spectacular gun) the second is a Francotte sidelock that I believe was Larry Brown's (It needed a stock exte
Fox, I guess you don’t own the Parker Invincible built for Czar Nicholas? Larry probably doesn’t either. A guy might want to pamper that one, no rough hunting?
Jump to new posts Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 09:02 AM

You have probably seen this Reilly pinfire. https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/as...3&saletype=
Jump to new posts Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 08:42 AM

Argo44, not sure if any of this is helpful, but some time ago I had about a dozen original hand written contracts between Westley Richards and various gunmakers wishing to use their various patents, including Deeley controlled patents. Each of these
Jump to new posts Re: Super nice guns for hunting, good or bad idea? by Run With The Fox @ Today at 08:37 AM

"I didn't buy a single one to pamper".. Neither did my favorite writer, Ernest Hemingway. I could shoot any one of the rifles, pistols and shotguns Hemingway owned, as detailed by Silvio Calabi and his pals in the two eds. of Hemingway's Gu
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.