September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
8 registered (J Scott McCash, SamW, SKB, Run With The Fox, ROMAC, 1 invisible), 7 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13885 Members
10 Forums
34796 Topics
488043 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ 35 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Der Amipamtnman. Put me down as a student in your class room. Mike You are a gentleman, Mike, thank you for the compliment. Please believe me when I tell you I am not a technically skilled man. I am all thumbs, super Cro M
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Ar-15 myths to Clear by 375whelenIMP @ 55 minutes 42 seconds ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle
Jump to new posts Re: The pinfire game gun by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 10:07 AM

Thanks, Mr. Nash. Interesting to apply the makers to the shapes. I noticed your #8 Dougall and it brought to mind a couple of Dougall centerfires from ca 1872 or 1874. Dougall seemed to like a fairly unusual hammer shape for the centerfires. If o
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ Today at 10:05 AM

Thanks Ford. So it could have been 62.5cm then. Cheers, Raimey rse
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Der Ami @ Today at 10:01 AM

Common German barrel lengths for "kipplaufs" include 60, 62.5, 65 cm, and others. Some are even shorter, to save weight. Mike
Jump to new posts Re: Ar-15 myths to Clear by Der Ami @ Today at 09:52 AM

Maybe it started in the 50s. Different versions were pretty successful, most every soldier, sailor, and airman born since WW2 has used one. Millions of civilian versions are in use, all over the US. I would say that defines what "in common use
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by Der Ami @ Today at 09:38 AM

pamtnman. Put me down as a student in your class room. Mike
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ Today at 09:24 AM

Correct. I measured a couple of sets & they are integer cm like say 65cm and of course it could well vary with calibre but should be integer cm. So, in my mind what this does is again point to say a gesteck or parts kit that was in English unit
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ Today at 09:09 AM

Raimey - No, that image was, in fact, attempting to depict the tube length. The odd part is that it is a length that isn't a whole integer of cm, right? Ian
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ Today at 09:04 AM

Ian: If that ruler is in Inches, that is an odd tube length for German rifled tubes @ 24 1/2" which would be 62+ cm? Or is the image just showing the drop? Cheers, Raimey rse
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ Today at 08:41 AM

I'll photograph the muzzles when it arrives on Monday. In addition to the healthy amount of drop, the LOP was listed as 13.5." Assuming it was measured correctly and that the stock wasn't shortened sometime in the last 110 years, it seems like
Jump to new posts Ar-15 myths to Clear by clement47 @ Today at 06:54 AM

The Armalite made the AR-15 as a military rifle back in the 1950s. But it never found the success it deserved is it true ?
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by Chuck H @ Today at 12:26 AM

I've been using Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil, but hated the smell. So, I recently switched to M1 15w50. For grease, I've been using Super Lube synthetic with teflon, which is white and won't stain clothes when you rub a double against them.
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ Yesterday at 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: prairie ghostYou might consider posting over on Nitro Express.com as well. A wealth of info and very experienced double rifle shooters frequent that site. Graham Wright's books may shed some light on the subject. Hi Prairie. I
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ Yesterday at 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike RoweIf the workmen on the factory floor at Kynoch's paid any attention to the drawings they were meant to go by, you ought to find a 1 in 12 bullet measuring .400 plus or minus a half thou wrapped in 3 thou paper. Or if the
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Der Ami pamtnman, You should be able to safely use any diameter bullet that will easily fit into the unsized neck of a case fired in that rifle. If the case can't expand to release the bullet, pressure will go up, but if the bu
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by Mike Rowe @ Yesterday at 08:18 PM

If the workmen on the factory floor at Kynoch's paid any attention to the drawings they were meant to go by, you ought to find a 1 in 12 bullet measuring .400 plus or minus a half thou wrapped in 3 thou paper. Or if they were loading grease groove me
Jump to new posts Re: Do I understand this? by skeettx @ Yesterday at 07:15 PM

REMEMBER all, he is asking about 2 1/2 inch ammo.
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ Yesterday at 06:02 PM

That Anson Pushrod forend, the word >>safe<< on the top tang and the general shape of the frame bolsters just may point to an origin in Ličge? Although I haven't seen the touchmarks on the underside of the tubes near the lower rib. Is th
Jump to new posts Re: The pinfire game gun by Steve Nash @ Yesterday at 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Daryl HallquistMore fun and interesting history and perspectives on this group of posts. I like hammers 1,8, and 21, all for different reasons. Maybe 21 seems the most graceful. Who used it ? 1 = Barnett (but possibly Joseph
Jump to new posts Re: Do I understand this? by Run With The Fox @ Yesterday at 05:03 PM

Maybe, but the M12 Trap guns could take it-and keep on truckin' When I shot Trap, I used Champion paper 1&1/8th oz. No 7&1/2 shot- never reloaded paper hulls. RWTF
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by Der Ami @ Yesterday at 03:39 PM

pamtnman, You should be able to safely use any diameter bullet that will easily fit into the unsized neck of a case fired in that rifle. If the case can't expand to release the bullet, pressure will go up, but if the bullet is able to move before i
Jump to new posts Re: Wilhelm Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ Yesterday at 03:38 PM

Raimey - understood and thanks for that clarification. Straight grip stock another tip of the hat to English styling on this one. Best, Ian
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ Yesterday at 02:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve HelsleyExcellent. A perfect addition to the complexity element. However, a caution. Using dental tools should only be used in conjunction with a spinning Tibetan prayer wheel. Thank you. I was hoping for your blessing, Ma
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.