December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Perry M. Kissam, 1 invisible), 4 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13717 Members
9 Forums
33804 Topics
470054 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: New to forum with a question... by james-l @ Today at 12:52 AM

If your gun is tight and on face I would suspect problems with the yoke ( the connector between the lever and the rotary bolt). I had one that the pin was bent, worth a check.
Jump to new posts Re: New to forum with a question... by Glacierjohn @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Getting back to the Fox, is it the general consensus that though the Fox lockup is a good design once it wears out to the point of lever left of center, itís basically unfixable?
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Total Stock Blank Transformation: How is it done? by craigd @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn billThe stock and the blank in these photos are not the same species of wood let alone the same piece. Why so terse? Hug a tree, my brain will vote that these photos don't quite help with identifying the species of eit
Jump to new posts Re: New to forum with a question... by 2-piper @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

The large cocking hook on the Lefever was in no way implied to mean it had anything at all to do with the ability to tighten the action. It was mentioned in regard to the statement by Fox which strongly implied the gun with the fewest parts was alway
Jump to new posts Re: New to forum with a question... by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 10:46 PM

The Fox design is subject to being striker bound, the firing pins donít move back with the hammers when you are attempting to open the gun. It is worse after the gun is fired, usually. If the gun is in this condition, usually a result of use and wear
Jump to new posts Re: New to forum with a question... by Glacierjohn @ Yesterday at 09:53 PM

The serial number on this gun is 62013. I donít are about being underwater as Iíll never sell it, Iím 70 years old but still in good shape (knock wood), Iíll hunt it as long as Iím able then let my estate sell it after I die. As long as itís safe to
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2019 Hunting Season by BrentD @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Not a great day nor a great photo, but we didn't get skunked. Gus also had a rock solid point on a turkey. Yesterday, he got fed up with my poor shooting and handed me a rooster at the ned of the day, so we got one, but it wasn't shot (at least n
Jump to new posts Re: Ramrod Saga by BrentD @ Yesterday at 09:16 PM

Yes, I built it. it will carry spotting scope on tripod, two rifles (gotta have a back up), and folding chair. I see lots of rerigged strollers on the firing line at matches. I also see some purpose-made commercial strollers as well. Several co
Jump to new posts Re: Ramrod Saga by Argo44 @ Yesterday at 08:48 PM

Very nice BrentD....works with rifles...did you build it? Looks like you could add a cot..and maybe a Haibachi cooking grill, a cooler, a beer keg..... But...I only shoot once a week...maybe twice sometimes...and I sort of like that baby stroller -
Jump to new posts Re: Ramrod Saga by BrentD @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Argo44, Since you are a muzzleloader as well as a cartridge guy, you might like a cart like this. It has a tray up high where you can put reloading/cleaning supplies, score card, etc. I use this for long range muzzleloading and Creedmoor BPTR. R
Jump to new posts Re: Coating damascus barrels by rocky mtn bill @ Yesterday at 08:34 PM

Craig, the rules say contribute when you can. We all appreciate your effort and understand your handicaps. Keep up the good effort.
Jump to new posts Re: Ramrod Saga by Argo44 @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Stan, I could modify my $10 yard sale jogging baby stroller in two ways. -- Put a board or metal plank across the "step" in front of the cart..and fix it so butts could be supported there, while using only the ATV gun supports on the upp
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Total Stock Blank Transformation: How is it done? by rocky mtn bill @ Yesterday at 07:46 PM

The stock and the blank in these photos are not the same species of wood let alone the same piece.
Jump to new posts Re: Ramrod Saga by Argo44 @ Yesterday at 07:33 PM

Here's my idea for a spring loaded wad/shot-overcard dispenser. Remember the old gravity fed coin changers every bus driver used to have? Well, there are a lot of cheap spring loaded tubes now available to dispense coins. They could easily be mo
Jump to new posts Re: Coating damascus barrels by rocky mtn bill @ Yesterday at 07:17 PM

Thanks for the help. Useful suggestions are always welcome.
Jump to new posts Re: The finish on an I.J. Skeet-er receiver? by Bob Cash @ Yesterday at 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: keith ...when eightbore busted you and called you out... Originally Posted By: eightboreI have not "called out" any post or poster. Keith must be mistaking me for another poster. My only comment was that most Skeet
Jump to new posts Re: OT --- preserving a map by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 06:39 PM

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOeOriginally Posted By: Ted SchefelbeinNobody, here, suffers buyers remorse. A few sellers remorse cases, maybe. The mark, er, friend, who bought your sleever still shooting it? Best, Ted Hard to have buyers remorse
Jump to new posts Re: Nice gun. by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOeI bet you really like the quaint little forearm. Ted you could sell your Wilton vises you never use to help finance the "bridge"... Just a thought ol'chap Good to know you are bright enough to realize a
Jump to new posts Re: How many Ithaca 7E single barrel trap guns made by Researcher @ Yesterday at 06:25 PM

Using a well balanced single shot would very likely greatly improve my shells to Dove ratio. I'd like to try with one of these --
Jump to new posts Re: How many Ithaca 7E single barrel trap guns made by Stan @ Yesterday at 06:04 PM

Originally Posted By: eightboreMy friend Stan describes shooting birds with a single barrel gun "a challenge". He is giving us too much credit. A single shot at a dove or a pheasant is somewhat less than a challenge. It is "all you
Jump to new posts Re: New to forum with a question... by eightbore @ Yesterday at 05:58 PM

I have all of the mentioned guns in my collection. The rotary bolt guns, when they are worn out, would be a nightmare for the common man to tighten up. Happily, it doesn't happen very often. The Lefever is a wonderful gun, not to hard to tighten u
Jump to new posts Re: How many Ithaca 7E single barrel trap guns made by Joe Wood @ Yesterday at 05:52 PM

Since our quail numbers are so low in the Texas Panhandle this year my ďgo toĒ gun has been a cheap English 16 gauge hammer single shot weighing 4 1/2 pounds. Also have been using black powder to spice things up. The little gun does add a new dimensi
Jump to new posts Re: Coating damascus barrels by Steve Helsley @ Yesterday at 05:37 PM

This approach came from the pen of noted vintage gun collector Keith Neal - beeswax and turpentine. Application requires that the barrels are warm. I have been using it for a number of years. I guessed at the proportions.
Jump to new posts Re: How many Ithaca 7E single barrel trap guns made by eightbore @ Yesterday at 05:35 PM

My friend Stan describes shooting birds with a single barrel gun "a challenge". He is giving us too much credit. A single shot at a dove or a pheasant is somewhat less than a challenge. It is "all you need". I would love to sh
Jump to new posts Re: The finish on an I.J. Skeet-er receiver? by eightbore @ Yesterday at 05:26 PM

I have not "called out" any post or poster. Keith must be mistaking me for another poster. My only comment was that most Skeeters were blued frames and case color frames were rather scarce.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.