July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 173 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,727
Posts548,328
Members14,442
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Re: Countdown to dove season opener skeettx 07/27/24 01:47 AM
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Winchester 42
7 189 Read More
Re: Clark Gable's Skeet Gun Jimmy W 07/27/24 01:41 AM
Steve Barnett has three Holland and Hollands for sale now from the Tom Selleck collection. Gorgeous guns!
18 951 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Exceptionally well-made Krag Sporter BrentD, Prof 07/27/24 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by OSS
Brent... curious if the Lyman 48 allows the cut-off to function properly? Any extra holes to mount the sight? Ben

You have to ask Rocky Mt Bill. This is not my rifle.

I have a Krag with a Pacific sight in the cutoff hole. The cutoff function does not work with it.

This is my Krag.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

14 505 Read More
Re: Worlds Best Gun Store Jimmy W 07/27/24 01:26 AM
I hear Steve Barnett's in West Point, Mississippi is a pretty nice store. Has anyone been there before?
12 835 Read More
Re: WIN21 People tend to like this type of discussion Drew Hause 07/27/24 12:34 AM
There may be changes in the quality of the joining over time. DOM are per Schwing.

1934 looks good

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

1951 with a significant gap filled with solder

The previously posted 1954

25 1,343 Read More
Re: Anybody ever seen a Dickinson like this? eeb 07/27/24 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by PALUNC
Maybe we should all contact Dickinson here in the US and ask that they import them here. Wouldn't a 30" 410 be neat?

I spoke with Dickinson in California about 18 months ago regarding a 32” 28 gauge. I initially called Pacific Arms because had other Dickinson guns on their website. Pacific said they have been selling the Dickinson guns about as fast as they can get them. A buddy bought a 32” 20 gauge and it’s a heck of a gun for the money. I wanted a 28. Pacific suggested I call Dickinson. The guy there indicated their factory was still suffering from Covid-related production problems, and damage to their factory in Turkey from an earthquake. Go figure. He was very vague about when things would be back to normal. It seems Akus is having real challenges and they are trying to resolve them but don’t hold your breath.
20 895 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Parker VH 12 ga #1 Frame ed good 07/26/24 09:08 PM
$2750?
7 1,593 Read More
Re: 20 ga LC Smith Ejector Gun 30" ed good 07/26/24 09:07 PM
$1600?
6 1,549 Read More
Re: Darne R10 16 Ga fallschirmjaeger 07/26/24 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by SIXSKB
Interested. Sold yet?

I sent you a PM.
2 294 Read More
Re: B Rizzini Deluxe Round Body Macnab 20 gauge ten 07/26/24 03:48 PM
If you are local to west central Indiana and would like an in person viewing let me know!
2 348 Read More
Re: 57 days to the grouse opener... Ted Schefelbein 07/25/24 10:02 PM
Made it out to the club today, Lloyd, shot with a guy I work with who is far out of my league, but, good enough to invite me along. Felt the rust coming out of my swing, shot two respectable rounds with a gun I’ve never hunted with, a 1956 A5 Standard 16. I still shoot the single sighting plane guns better than the other stuff, which, I don’t like, but, at least I can shoot, even if it is right handed.

Plenty of bike riding this summer. Hoping I’ll be ready when you are.

Best,
Ted
8 308 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Always wanted a Sterling Davenport Big Bore - 500J buckstix 07/25/24 08:09 PM
I always wanted a Big Bore by Sterling Davenport - a 500 Jeffery custom

The rifle has been purchased, by its not yet in hand. I can hardly wait. A Sterling Davenport Custom has been on my want-list radar for many, many years. And finding one in classic 500 Jeffery caliber is wonderful. Here's the early specs - more info to follow when I get it in hand. This will be my second 500 Jeffery. You may recall my post earlier this year about my Custom AHR 500 Jeffery. https://www.doublegunshop.com/forum...Words=jeffery&Search=true#Post627374

http://www.buckstix.com/buckpics/sterling-000.jpg

[Linked Image from buckstix.com]
0 72 Read More
Re: Found my Charles Daly black powder turkey load! oskar 07/25/24 04:43 PM
My shotshell trimmer. It indexes on the rim so all shells are exactly the same, no adjustments needed for base wad height.

3/4" copper pipe works for 12ga, you might have to size the brass part first if the original gun had a large chamber. I cut with a sharp box cutter.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

For 10ga two 3/4" connect fittings soldered together and cut to length

23 4,986 Read More
Re: A Boy Scout rejoinder Stanton Hillis 07/25/24 01:45 AM
When I competed with roundball muzzleloaders from '84 to about 2003 the NMLRA called "notch and post" sights "open sights" (presumably because the rear notch sight is open at the top and there is no hood over the front sight) and aperture sights were not included in that classification. There is a definite advantage with aperture sights over notch and post, and usually one could not compete against the other. Both aperture, and notch and post, fell under the category "iron sights". I understand what you mean however, no problem.

There were two brands of target .22s we had at the range at camp. One was a Mossberg and I cannot remember what the other was. I fell in love with competitive shooting there.
29 1,967 Read More
Re: Kade Gile. Case Restoration. Or others? KDGJ 07/24/24 06:30 PM
John,

I sent you a PM with his info.

Ken
1 243 Read More
Re: Remington 37 Stockmaker LRF 07/24/24 11:31 AM
Congrats gasgunner. a discovery like this could really make a guy's day
20 9,960 Read More
Re: She Resigned keith 07/23/24 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by tut
The phrase "Asleep at the Switch" applies in spades:

PS. Definition is:

To be failing to attend to one's responsibilities or duties; to be inattentive to that which is important or for which one is responsible. Lots of folks were asleep at the switch it seems, but bottom line is the final failsafe for that happening belongs to the Secret Service and by default to the Director. A fish rots at the head.

How about "Andy Goes to Raleigh"?

This is almost like the Andy Griffith Show episodes where Andy goes out of town on business, and leaves Barney Fife and Goober in charge. The two Deputies end up locking themselves in a jail cell, while some bad guys move in and break into the Mayberry Savings Bank. Fortunately, Andy always gets back into Mayberry just in time to catch the bad guys and save the day.

It's a funny theme on a sit-com, but it isn't funny at all when a 20 year old gunman is able to get a close clear prone rifle shot at Trump an hour after he has been identified as suspicious, and is further identified as a bona-fide threat who is pointing a rifle at a Presidential candidate. He should never have gotten that far. He should have been stopped right then and there, long before Trump and two others got wounded, and two young girls were left with the nightmare of being sprayed with their heroic father's brains and skull fragments. This is one of the most sickening failures imaginable.

Even Barney and Goober couldn't blunder so badly. No one would believe it, which is why there are so many valid questions that are not being answered. I would feel a lot better if the Democrats in Congress and the Media were serious about getting the whole truth, like right now... not after some vague report in 60 days, and a whole lot of trying to pin the blame on local cops and a lack of communications. But instead, we have Democrat Congressmen using this tragedy to attempt to enact more Gun Control legislation, and we have members of the Liberal Left Media saying it was an elaborate hoax staged by Trump to win sympathy and support. We also have a whole bunch of conspiracy theories... some of which might well have basis in fact. I am not confident we'll ever know the truth. Certainly not from anyone in this Dept. of Justice.

Yesterday, the Secret Service Director testified under Oath that there were snipers positioned in two of the three windows with an overview of the mildly sloped roof where the shooter was able to climb with a rifle, and move around undetected by security. Today we have the Pa. State Police Commissioner saying those assets inside the building left that post to locate the guy who was identified as suspicious nearly a full hour earlier. If Kimberly Cheatle knew about that lapse, and she should have, then we can start with a perjury charge instead of a predictable knee-jerk Democrat race to attack our 2nd Amendment Rights. Sometimes just resigning with a nice fat pension is not enough.

A fish does indeed rot at the head. But the rotten head in this case is a couple notches above Kimberly Cheatle.
9 714 Read More
Re: MVACA show this weekend BrentD, Prof 07/23/24 08:02 PM
Darn. I'd like to go but after 3+ weeks on the road shooting, I think I need to stay closer to home. Another match coming next weekend too.
1 87 Read More
Re: Surprise! New Democrat 2nd Amendment Threat keith 07/23/24 06:40 PM
Too little, too late. But I'm glad Kimberly Cheatle finally resigned. Her performance and inaction was inexcusable. She should have been intimately involved in the investigation within minutes, instead of handing it off to the same DOJ Agency that lied to the public about the Steele Dossier and Hunter Biden's laptop. That doesn't exactly inspire confidence that we will ever get the whole story and the whole truth. We all like to think we live in Free Society, but after 60 years, we still are not allowed to know the whole story behind the JFK assassination. If Trump lives to be elected again, I hope he will understand it is more important than ever to release those records. After 60 years, those JFK records are still sealed, and we can only wonder why we are not permitted to know the full story behind that. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

What we do know is that the JFK assassination, the MLK assignation, and the RFK assassination all led up to anti-gun Democrats successfully pushing for the GCA of 1968, the most sweeping Gun Control legislation since the NFA of 1934... which was also pushed by Democrats. RFK Jr. was present when his father was killed in 1968, and he publicly states that he does not believe Sirhan B. Sirhan acted alone.

I agree with Ky Jon 100%. Some jobs are just too important to rely upon DEI hires, and bypass the most qualified individuals. The people who love DEI programs would think sports leagues and Hollywood had lost their minds if the NFL players, NBA players, and actors were hired on the basis of sexual orientation or skin color instead of pure talent and ability. There is a reason Disney Corp. is losing billions due to a Woke culture. The public demands the very best when they pay for entertainment, and they should demand the very best when their taxes pay for government employees.

There was another Congressional Hearing today with the DHS. Once again, some anti-gun Democrats were using the assassination attempt as a platform to push for more gun bans. Kalifornia Democrat Eric Slawell asked a Law Enforcement witness how many firearms were inside the Trump Rally security perimeter, since we are a culture that has way too many guns, in his opinion. He was clearly disappointed when the witness told him the only people who had firearms inside the perimeter were Police and Secret Service. He must have been foolishly under the impression like some in the Leftist Media, that having a concealed carry permit allows one to carry a gun inside a Presidential Campaign Rally. They screen every entrant with metal detectors, and even little pocket knives, nail clippers, and disposable lighters are taken. But Slawell is still focused on using this tragedy to advance more gun bans. And in a statement of support for Kamala Harris today, Joe Biden went right back to calling Donald Trump a danger and a threat to Democracy. So much for toning down the heated and inflammatory rhetoric that has led up to so many death threats and an assassination attempt on Trump.

Once again... I keep saying it... don't pay attention to what those on the Liberal Left say. Pay attention to what they do.

It will be interesting to see who replaces Cheatle. It begs the question of why similar failures by ineffective buffoons in the Afghanistan pullout, Foreign Policy blunders, and wanton violation of Border Security have not also led to firing or forced resignations. Too little, too late... and not nearly enough.

Many thanks to Dave Weber for permitting this Thread topic. We can only hope those who make a habit of disrupting Gun Rights topics can restrain themselves.
5 424 Read More
Drilling Aktanner 07/23/24 04:18 PM
Eduard Kettner Drilling 16 x 16 x 9.3 - 74R. Complete restoration by New England Custom Guns. Includes Oak & Leather Case, reloading dies and 100 rds lapua brass. Suhl gun made in 1945... all 3 barrels have extractors.
$7800
0 151 Read More
Parker T Hammergun forend and action parts Bill Graham 07/23/24 04:05 PM
Parker top lever hammergun parts
SN 63852
All part numbers match

Forend wood, complete forend parts minus forend lever spring, trigger plate, triggers, trigger spring, trigger screw, and trigger spring screw, lock plates, all lock parts except for one stirrup and hammers, firing pins, firing pin springs and retaining screws, main action screw, hand screw, grip cap, and grip cap screw.

Forend wood has no checkering pattern, but is otherwise undamaged. Lock plates and trigger plate are banged up but serviceable. Iron, lock plates, and trigger plate have all be annealed.

$75 shipped to cont. US.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Qy1QTaW3NeVewxleVDhu2aRsF0e1DWw
0 76 Read More
Re: 28ga B. Rizzini BR 550 RB DoubleTake 07/23/24 12:59 PM
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1059694549

Chance for an even better deal.
2 526 Read More
Re: Remington Model 1900 Pair of Lightweight Shooters susjwp 07/23/24 12:04 PM
Pm sent
1 138 Read More
Re: Stoeger Gamecock Deluxe 20 L. Brown 07/23/24 11:18 AM
In "Buxton's Guide to Foreign Firearms (1995)" Ad copy from Cogswell and Harrison describes their Konor model as . . . "a "best' hammerless box lock ejector gun with ornamental strengthening plates." Some British ad man (or mad man) deserves a prize for that description.

Bernardelli did indeed do a good job of faking the real thing with their "ornamental strengthening plates".
4 647 Read More
Re: 410 choking Samuel_Hoggson 07/23/24 10:13 AM
Mayes had 200 registered NSSA 100 straights in .410. He used 12 thou, which is just over mod per Briley.

What Hal said - pattern before deciding. Love setting .410 courses, but it is indeed difficult to get sufficient registered entrants at a small venue. So we designate some mid-week 5-stand sets as .410-friendly.

Like 10 to 14 thou for SC, and that'll crush 35 yd dome-off stds and battues. On a course maybe carry a handful of #7.5 for the occasional rabbit pushing .410 distance.

Some .410 setters appear not to have ever patterned a .410, resulting in presentation/distances that allow luck to enter the equation. #8.5s are popular, but I've never been able to convince myself they work better than #9s.
12 681 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.