October
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (smlekid, Mike Harrell), 55 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics36,211
Posts508,964
Members14,086
Most Online462
Aug 5th, 2016
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Yet more DB BPE questions! Mike Harrell 10/20/21 06:22 AM
old steel does not do well with FMJ ammo.
3 63 Read More
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Sacrilege? ed good 10/20/21 04:37 AM
cashmore made nice gons...don flock it up...
7 386 Read More
Re: Rare Winchester? gunut 10/20/21 04:27 AM
model 25 riot guns are collectable.... and bring pretty good prices when you can find one being auctioned....
7 237 Read More
Re: 20 gauge home defense shotgun Stanton Hillis 10/20/21 01:59 AM
Originally Posted by mc
Joe it's 00 buck

Originally Posted by lonesome roads
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Ain't that what I said without a Stanley Sermon.

One would surmise there is still a trOll following me around. Think I'll call heem the leetle blue wheestler.

Originally Posted by lonesome roads
Soy un perdedor.

Snapped out of the denial syndrome, I see.
El primer paso en el camino hacia la recuperación.
22 402 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Sedgley 30-06 Rifle RedofTx 10/20/21 01:06 AM
I don't know about the front sight. I can take a pic if you would like. Also to get the side scope mount off you have to take the action apart from the wood and yes, it leaves two semi-circles. All done by a previous owner.

thank you,
redoftx
5 384 Read More
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Steyr double guns ellenbr 10/20/21 12:40 AM
I think the key term to be >>Monolithic<<.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
18 97 Read More
Re: Determine Value Cole Poli pipeliner 10/20/21 12:26 AM
Yes it did but found a new home she is keeper.Looks like a new waterfowl gun.Guess the Eagle grade is retired.
21 859 Read More
Re: The pinfire game gun AaronN 10/19/21 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by keith
You Pinfire guys might want to take a peek at this one. The seller thinks it is a Lefever:

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/913537484

Hi Keith,

It’s a pretty high price for that gun( like 2x - 3x too high). It’s a model 1849 Lefaucheux. If they took the barrel off it may actually be dated (many of this model were) which could tell if it was made by Lefaucheux before he died or by the company after.

I actually just owned a similar one for a single day this past weekend: https://casimirlefaucheux.com/t/lf-501-casimir-lefaucheux-model-1849-with-cripple-stock/421
458 131,694 Read More
Re: Replacing Extractor Stop Screw/German Dbl. gil russell 10/19/21 11:21 PM
Thanks so much for the replies. I think I got lucky; I didn't have access to a longer center drill and didn't want to wait days or longer to get one. I was able to get an abrasive sphere into the slot after some work with a small file. That helped me figure out where the center of the hole/screw needed to be. And then I SLOWLY drilled it out using progressively larger drills. So I have it set up for a #4-40 (#48 drill). I think the original one may have been a bit larger (obviously metric) and I may end up using a #5. Thanks again for the help. Gil
3 91 Read More
Re: Doublegun Preservation SKB 10/19/21 11:01 PM
Nah, I donated last week after you complained about being censored.
13 703 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: The Under Deer Parabola 10/19/21 09:13 PM
I had a German made ( inter war, probably by Merkel) Rodda double side by side BLNE which had been later fitted with a low power Khales scope.

It shot well, both barrels, with RWS and Seller and Belliot 196 grain 8x57 JR factory loads and the barrels shot sufficiently close together for stalking purposes.

Some of the RWS was Boxer primed, and some earlier but non-corrosive was Berdan primed.

I realised when comparing relative Right and Left points of impact that if I loaded RWS Berdan in the Left barrel and Boxer in the Right that the groups should exactly superimpose.

I tried that, and it worked, producing the best R&L 6 shot groups at 100 yards I have shot with a Double, which would have been more that respectable from a bolt action stalking rifle.

The primers were different colours, so it was easy to keep track, and I kept them at opposite ends of my ammo pouch. Had I got muddled they would still have shot sufficiently close for all practical purposes.

Using that system I did get a “right and left” ( all right they weren’t both “ dead in the air” at the same moment- I wouldn’t shoot the second until I was sure the first one was down) at Roe deer at over 200 yards.

I shouldn’t have sold it!
1 23 Read More
Re: Purdey №11070 PALUNC 10/19/21 07:08 PM
I once had a 1883 Purdey. I don't think it was on a Beasley action though.
3 207 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Two John Dubiel Winchester Model 52's btbell 10/19/21 04:04 PM
UPDATE:

The Texas medal on Pope's Win 52:

The medal was made by V.H. Blackinton & Co., Attleboro MA. The die for the medal was made in 1938, so this medal, likely awarded to Pope for winning the 1938 Texas State Rifle Association Small Bore Grand Aggregate (state championship), was among the first made. The medal is gold plated brass, and the die continued to be used for TSRA medals until at least roughly 1980.

Here's another example from 1962:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Note that Dubiel had already passed away, so another person inset the medal into the rifle stock.

Eric Johnson stocks:

A poster in another forum talked with Eric Johnson's son Carl about EJ's stocks:
The stocks he made, as I'm told, were not particularly pretty. Workmanship was good, but they weren't pretty. In fact, when I told Carl I had a rifle that I thought his dad made everything on he chuckled and said, "you know, the stock is just a handle for the gun", he made it clear that his dad didn't really like stock work as much as metal work.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1136017
3 418 Read More
Re: Interesting firing pins/hammers dblgnfix 10/19/21 03:09 PM
That is the same type of system used by Pape. I just made a set of theodse firing pins and one hammer as well. As a matter of fact the hammer looks exactly like the Pape.
2 132 Read More
Re: OT - a tribute to wild bobs mc 10/19/21 02:22 PM
Just returned from a south west az. Quail hunt all wild birds gambles quail bird numbers were down from last year but still a lot of quail lots of shots lots of misses
123 2,969 Read More
The Traditional SxS book by Doug Stewart Salopian 10/19/21 08:51 AM
Anyone bought this book? What do you think of it?
0 118 Read More
Re: Did London make boxlock rifles & guns? Argo44 10/19/21 05:36 AM
I guess I'm just getting old(er) but re-reading the above line is upsetting:'' I posted this about the first existing Reilly Boxlock - mid 1880:

-- SN 22482 (1880): The first surviving Reilly box-lock is SN 22482 (1880)

How in the heck does anybody know that Reilly 22482 is 1880? Except for 4000 hours of research? (Or we could rely on what some gunsmith in Uk heard when he started working as a 14 year old apprentice in 1950).
64 2,060 Read More
Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2021 Hunting Season Carl46 10/18/21 09:22 PM
If we had to buy new guns every few years, and a dog lasted a lifetime, it would be a better world.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.
85 4,522 Read More
Re: Lever to the right Joe Wood 10/18/21 08:02 PM
In my experience, the only guns that have an advantage for the lever to be slightly to the right are those that are built to take up wear and slowly move to the left as wear occurs. Tamid is correct that Most English guns center the lever on day one. Parkers, Syracuse Lefevers, LC Smiths, and similar guns were made with variously designed angled lockup’s that put the lever slightly to the right, maybe 1/16” or 1/8”, no more. The only time I’ve seen a lever an inch to the right occurred when I had trash between the water table and the flats of the barrel and prevented the action closing.
4 380 Read More
Re: Gunbroker website keith 10/18/21 07:52 PM
I have not had that particular problem. I was going to advise you to take a look at your Watchlist task bar, and check the second box. If it is set to "Active" instead of "ended" or "All", you will not see any items you were watching for auctions that may have ended.

I looked at my past Gunbroker Support requests, and saw that there was a time I could not access my Watchlist at all. Logging out and then logging back in fixed it. And after their last so-called upgrade, I can no longer user "New Since Last Visit" as my default search function. Most items that I already saw on my previous visit still come up. The other problem I have with the last so-called upgrade is that the Search criteria got much broader. For example, if I search for "Double Rifle", I now get nearly 4500 results, and the vast majority have absolutely nothing to do with Double Rifles. It used to work much better, but apparently they think that people will sift through 186 pages of crap to find a couple dozen double rifles.
8 344 Read More
Re: Creating Choke Hal 10/18/21 07:17 PM
Would be interesting to pick up some used shot cups and check for 'leaks'. Should also show up on high speed photos.
37 1,397 Read More
Re: Assistance with Proof marks Drew Hause 10/17/21 12:51 PM
The CIP site confirms that 850 BAR = 12,328 PSI by crushers (LUP) is actually 960 BAR = 13,924 PSI by transducers (13% higher), and adds MPa to the confusion frown
“These cartridges, if they are to be fired from standard proof shotguns (ie those proved to 960 bar [13,924 psi transducer] or, previously, 850 bar [crusher]), or magnum proof shotguns (ie those proved to 1370 bar [19,870 psi transducer] or, previously, 1200 bar [crusher]) must not exceed the maximum admissible service pressure of 74 MPa (new units “megapascals”, in place of the old 740 bar) specified by the CIP and measured by means of a piezo-electric transducer.”
9 390 Read More
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Converting a beavertail to a splinter SKB 10/17/21 10:46 AM
Stan,
You might try Cecil Freddie or Robert Watts for a piece of wood. I have a stash of black walnut fore blanks as well but not near the number that those guys have. Matching black is easier than matching English in my opinion. Best of luck with it.
Steve
25 632 Read More
Re: Gunsmith Tools (mostly SXS) for sale Prices Update WBLDon 10/17/21 04:25 AM
Sorry it has been sold.
12 1,369 Read More
Re: Old French 16 gauge double. Ted Schefelbein 10/17/21 02:15 AM
Well, your files were way too big, or, corrupt, and I only took the time to manipulate this one. But, it will get us started:

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

This action was used all over France and Belgium for probably 100+ years. It was sold, in the white, as barreled actions to gunmakers all over France and Belgium. I have never figured out exactly who produced it, but, it is common as empty beer cans, and used for up to about mid grade continental guns. Very rarely, it is fitted with ejectors. I have never seen this action with a single trigger, but, I would imagine they are out there. Your gun is not rare, or, terribly valuable, except as a family heirloom, perhaps, but, these are typically wonderful hunting implements. Watch for short chambers and tight bores and chokes. It is probably time for a good gunsmith to strip, clean, and lubricate the old gun, unless you don’t plan on using it. That, would be a shame, as it appears to be a great little bird gun, from what I can see. Your pictures weren’t really clear enough for me to see the proof marks, and describe to you what they are telling us. A better photo of the action flats would help. Crown over PT is indicative of proof with power T, post 1900, and is a stout level of proof indeed. St. Etienne was where most French guns were proofed.

Best of luck with it. If you have any specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Best,
Ted
2 217 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2021 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.