February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Marks_21, SKB, 1 invisible), 133 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,244
Posts542,060
Members14,377
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Time to get ready… Ted Schefelbein 02/23/24 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Thruxton
Enjoy the video, there is no shooting up there now, banned by the Labour Council !! I was a ranger in that area for years and the moor was kept well in balance with heather burn and predator control allowing a perfect habitat for all sorts. It was the only place where I could regularly see Merlins nesting. Now its becoming rank overgrown heather full of foxes and crows with the ever increasing risk of more fires which will wipe out everything. Shame on them for their class war being pushed further and further into the countryside.

The left destroys everything it touches.

Best,
Ted
4 291 Read More
Re: Off-topic: How Colorado has changed. craigd 02/23/24 12:09 PM
Okay, another example. In the US, Pesident T seated three Supreme Court Justices, and an R Senate blocked the obam nominee garland, who has become an activist at the highest level. Another activist at the highest level would be maiyorkiss, with his southern and northern porous border policy, both devised by an administration. I argue intentionally that the two, activism and politics, cannot be separated.

The US would look quite different, if the billary, of Canada based off shore political foreign campaign fundraising foundation, had shaped the high court of the US. The activists were still around, and so was the hypocrisy of so called, social attitudes? No big deal, you win, but votes matter and affect policy.
84 2,063 Read More
Re: Favorite Gun/Game Pictures - 2023 Hunting Season Marks_21 02/23/24 09:34 AM
I release the foxes and the bobcats- the coyotes receive no mercy. I am not really a trapper, I just a set a few traps on my property, hence the surprise when I am successful! I have never before had two in the same day.
257 42,887 Read More
Re: Long shot: Weller & Dufty, Birmingham, 6 November KDGJ 02/23/24 03:28 AM
Thanks
4 98 Read More
Re: Rare find Stanton Hillis 02/23/24 03:05 AM
Originally Posted by tut
Maybe a Fox Sterly forearm perhaps.

Nope, it's my old Montgomery Ward/New Model. !2 gauge, 32" barrels. Just an old cheap "truck gun".

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
10 916 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Loaded up some 4198 for the .577 double skeettx 02/23/24 02:07 AM
Great,
Thank you for the report
I enjoy my 577 Snider Saddle Ring Carbine smile

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
1 22 Read More
Re: London vs Birmingham engraving BrentD, Prof 02/23/24 01:49 AM
The polisher for my Greener was a man named, Jones for 6 shilling. There was also a "smoother". I was thinking the polisher was a metals guy and the smoother was a wood guy, but I don't know for sure. Interesting, at least to me, was that there were 3 engravers for the gun. Stokes, Horrocks, and Perry did the labels, scroll, and field figures, respectively. Perhaps 3 engravers was a norm, but I would have thought 2 was a lot.
41 7,948 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Front sight on double rifle Rick W 02/23/24 12:57 AM
If your front site dovetail is in line with the bores, then it is a friction fit. Some have a screw on the end of the muzzle to keep the front site from coming out upon recoil.
2 43 Read More
Re: The $80 restock. Ted Schefelbein 02/22/24 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Recoil Rob
Nice wood on Snipes back n 64....

Wish Dad hadn’t cut it….

Best,
Ted
7 496 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Action-in-Wood Rook Rifle LRF 02/22/24 08:59 PM
MIKE I will consider your suggestion of the 30 Herret
5 161 Read More
Re: Help with a Hammer Gun Drew Hause 02/22/24 05:49 PM
'JN' was used by J. Noisette
https://www.littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20no/a%20noisette%20j%20gb.htm

There should be a lettre annale. Looking forward to the full size high resolution images.
Can you post a link to the auction listing?
1 163 Read More
Re: Drilling questions. Der Ami 02/22/24 03:41 PM
Lloyd,
Of course, you are right to check those things but repair of them wouldn't be very different than an American double. While you are checking proof marks, see if there is a crown E on the rifle barrel. If so, it would have been "Express proofed. This is a heavier than normal proof but by no means is it a magnum level. This is on the level of a couple thousand psi and is important only for handloaders, because factory loads at this level are no longer available. For Alabama, 9.3x72R is a pretty good cartridge, whether factory or handloads. It is about like 35 Remington which is pretty popular in its own right. If the barrel is decent, it should do well with handloaded cast bullets which work very well on deer. Of course, if you hunt the more open areas of Colorado, you may prefer a little flatter trajectory.
Mike
3 62 Read More
Re: Dan’l Fraser 20g keith 02/22/24 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by SKB
Those are tapered screws and the head has broken off, you can not tap it through from the top. It is going to be tricky getting that apart. I would think long and hard on that one before proceeding. You might try an easy out, a skilled welder might be able to tack on enough material to back it out, last resort would be drilling it. Not a fun job.

Imagine what damage might have happened if David wasn't observant enough to recognize that the advice given in the post QUOTED above was totally wrong. All three solutions given to remove this pin or screw were wrong. Not even close.

I didn't offer any advice because I simply didn't know how this gun was assembled. I suppose I could have taken a guess, but it would have been irresponsible to make a wild-assed guess sound so definitive. This is just another example that you should not believe much of what is posted by wannabe experts on the internet. Thank goodness gunmaker came along with the correct and straightforward solution.

I learned this in a big way several years ago when I began researching the use of feed grade molasses as a rust remover. I found quite a few posts that incorrectly explained the chemistry behind it, the effectiveness , and potential damage that some "internet experts" warned could happen.

When I finally bought a 50 Lb. sack of dried molasses and mixed some with water, I proceeded carefully by using some old rusty items that didn't have great value. It worked great, and it quickly became apparent that much of the bad advice given came from guys who never even tried it. I guess some people just have a pathetic need to pretend that they know way more than they do.
28 2,748 Read More
Re: Webley and Scott 20 gunman 02/22/24 12:12 PM
Coming into this conversation some what late , the 720 and 728 models were made in the early 70's specifically for the US market . They were similar to the 702 model in appearance , stocked with panels and points but had 26 and 25 inch barrels.
21 2,801 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
348 Winchester Reloading Lot Silvers 02/22/24 02:13 AM
Here's a deal for those with a Winchester Model 71 in 348 WCF caliber to keep it running.

To be sold in one lot, I don't want to separate.

1 set of RCBS 348 Winchester full length reloading dies, # 33601, excellent condition

RCBS #5 shell holder for 348 Winchester

(130) Hornady #3410 200 grain Flat Point .348 bullets in 2 boxes, NOTE these were discontinued by Hornady about 4-5 years ago and are now in great demand.

(40) brand new/unprimed 348 Winchester cases with headstamp HSM/348 Win in 2 sealed bags; I've read that HSM contracted with Winchester, Starline, ADI and others to make its brass cases.

$185. for everything to include shipping to the 48 states. PM to commit and to get my mailing address for your payment.
0 112 Read More
Remington 1894 for sale Don Zahringer 02/22/24 01:29 AM
I have for sale a Remington 1894 B grade, it has been restored
It has 28 inch barrels, chokes has be open to improve and modify
The length of pull is 13 3/4 inches and has automatic ejectors
I have not figured out how to post pictures here but you can
Email me or text me for pictures my email is sxs@charter.net
My text is (660) 221-6850, my price for the Remington is $1200.00
and I will pay shipping and insurance in the continental US.
0 85 Read More
Re: DGJ Index III eightbore 02/21/24 10:37 PM
It is a wonderful book with biographical information about DGJ authors combined with new articles from those same authors. It has been well worth the information included and the price paid.
6 474 Read More
Re: State of Gun Collector Shows Lloyd3 02/21/24 04:33 PM
I haven't attended a gunshow in a long time now and, for all the usual reasons. But, I was just dragooned into attending the Colorado Collector's Show here next Spring (it's now held up north in Greeley, CO, well away from !@#*%&! Denver) as a buddy of mine needs some help disbursing a number of inherited guns he's been dealing with. Like me, his tastes have evolved over the years (as well as his needs) and he's got some nicer stuff that he'll likely never use (a lot of WWII stuff IIRC). I suppose that I too should consider my battery and see if I have a few old soldiers that need new homes. I suspect that I'll mostly be there as a "babysitter", but you never know. In Colorado, it's been described as the "last good show".
20 1,020 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Holy Grail stuff... SKB 02/21/24 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Recoil Rob
Originally Posted by SKB
Originally Posted by Fudd
And I'm curious: Have many people here have actually seen Cordite?

I have a jar of Cordite on my desk, doesn't everyone? wink

Right next to the Rangoon Oil....

Well, yes.....
14 544 Read More
Re: Hollenbeck 3 barrel questions Tfnaaf 02/21/24 02:41 AM
A few more photos of the gun...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
5 267 Read More
Re: Shot the .577 Boxer double rifle Mike Harrell 02/20/24 06:00 PM
Fudd Birch is about the only semi hardwood we have up here.
7 211 Read More
Re: Henry double rifle parts? Licensed to kill 02/20/24 01:48 PM
I may be in need of a front sight. Was working up some loads and it is shooting very high (9" high @ 50 yards). I have a couple loads that look promising so will load some up and shoot 100 yards but doubt very much that it will come down to POA from that high. It also shoots a bit right (an inch or so) at 50, even though I see the front sight is made slightly to the right already and the rear was centred and marked. I drifted the rear a bit to the left to see if I can dial in the windage but my OCD does NOT like to see the rear off centre, even if it is just a little (don't like the front being off centre to the right either but it is not very noticeable). Anyways, if it still shoots high at 100 with the 100 yard leaf, I will need to get a slightly higher front sight. I suppose I could make one but the dovetail appears to be very shallow and "delicate" but if I can get a proper sight and just replace it, that would be preferable.
23 1,542 Read More
Re: LC Smith Single Trigger Conversion Parts ed good 02/20/24 01:40 PM
sounds like you may know how to do the conversion...

perhaps the marriage of your skills with this parts kit could be a worthwhile project...
2 210 Read More
Re: Dating Manufrance Robusts Argo44 02/20/24 03:09 AM
Reading comprehension - F. smile. Message been sent with a "story" added (WWII in France, liberation celebration, etc). We'll see what comes back.
56 2,769 Read More
Re: Perazzi action re-coloring Stanton Hillis 02/20/24 12:23 AM
Thanks for all the helpful replies. I found this, and will be ordering some and experimenting with it in the near future.

https://steelfxpatinas.com

This is a pretty good video of a shop owner using it:

6 432 Read More
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2022 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.