May
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (tim simbari, gunsaholic, KY Jon, TTT117, 1 invisible), 210 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,629
Posts501,492
Members14,030
Most Online462
Aug 5th, 2016
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Ideas on re-sizing Rocky Mountain brass 10 g hulls skeettx 05/18/21 06:57 PM
NO !!

Proper tool for the proper job !

https://www.mecoutdoors.com/600-jr-mark-5-parts

Get a 47 and a 20
Get the 20 in 10 gauge.

I push the hulls into the ring/tube with either a vice or 12 ton shop press. Go slow and use
Imperial Sizing Wax.

Make a push out rod with a cavity for the internal primer mound to move them out of the die.

Mike
9 248 Read More
Re: Ideas on re-sizing Rocky Mountain brass 10 g hulls John E 05/18/21 06:54 PM
If they are thick walled cases as others have stated you can reduce the OD quickly by spinning them in a lathe, drill press or hand drill and polish them down with Emory cloth. Finish with scotch bright. The brass will cut quick so be observant.
9 248 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Ferlach hammer cape gun in 12.5mm/20ga CJF 05/18/21 05:13 PM
Took a risk on a vaguely described auction listing. Trying to figure out what I have.

I'll post better pictures in a few days but for now, here's a link to the auction. https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-M...5/lotInformation/60704024&rfpb=0#Top

Description said shotgun, but pictures showed rifle sights and Rigby-style fore end latch. Maker is Jos. Sigott of Ferlach. Auction house shipped quickly and I have it in hand.

Tiny. Small frame. Hammers. Engraving a mix of decent and cheap. Barrels tight on face, short at 23" even. Do not appear cut. Rifle barrel is on right. Stamped 12.5 underneath. Appears to be 60mm or slightly more to leade or forcing code. Maybe 12.5mmx60r Danish? a .500 BPE case rim fits the rim recess. Rifling looks like Henry style. Haven't measured the 20ga barrel yet. Fired 20 hull does not go in easily and haven't forced it. Shotgun tube marked 14.9.

Proofs appear to be Ferlach post 1891. Has first rifle firing proof, and 1956.11, which I take to be the 1,956th gun proofed in Ferlach in 1911. That right?

The bottom rib is marked 5624 10 158 11.8 Haven't figured that one out yet.

Anyone have a suggestion on what the 12.5mm rifle cartridge might be?
0 9 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double smp190 05/18/21 04:59 PM
Took some photos during my lunch.
The water table has no markings.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here are some close ups of the barrel markings. This is the 12 ga barrels.

Here are pics of the other barrel. 12 ga one side and the other a rifled barrel with flip up sight and the front bead which appears to be adjustable for windage.

21 172 Read More
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Ithaca NID 4E pipeliner 05/18/21 03:17 PM
Thankz
4 204 Read More
Re: Ideas on re-sizing Rocky Mountain brass 10 g hulls bsteele 05/18/21 02:43 PM
Have you considered turning the outsides of the cases down in a lathe? The cases could likely be put on a mandrel and turned down .002” and fit fine. The RMC cases I have seen have very thick walls (why they’re great) that will resist most all at-home resizing efforts.
9 248 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double ellenbr 05/18/21 02:12 PM
http://littlegun.be/arme%20belge/artisans%20identifies%20g/a%20giltay%20h%20gb.htm

Looks like Liège mechanic H. Giltay was pretty prolific during the period?

Serbus,

Raimey
rs
21 172 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double smp190 05/18/21 02:08 PM
I will take some pics and post tonight of all markings.

Regards,
Steve
21 172 Read More
Re: Ithaca NID 4E oohay 05/18/21 11:51 AM
4 204 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double ellenbr 05/18/21 11:26 AM
It is a Henri Roux action so with the fences, marks, etc. I would hazard a wild guess of late 1870s or 1880s? The origin of that particular grip safety will more than likely narrow the date range.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
21 172 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double ellenbr 05/18/21 11:24 AM
Are there any touchmarks on the water-table / frame? Could you pleasure us with images of any & all marks?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
21 172 Read More
Re: Auction? Hal M Hare 05/18/21 11:08 AM
Thanks all for sharing your thoughts and your PM's. I will get some good photos and test the waters of auction alternatives.

Best wishes,
7 399 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double smp190 05/18/21 10:59 AM
No worries. I enjoy my martinis as well 😀.
I just wanted to clarify for anybody else that read the post.

Thanks for your replies. Would you have an idea for how old it is?
21 172 Read More
Re: Auction? battle 05/18/21 03:13 AM
Why not sell them yourself? Plenty of internet platforms to sell from, including here.
7 399 Read More
Re: Ithaca NID 4E pipeliner 05/18/21 02:53 AM
Don't know how working of a kindle fire.My seller is Roslyn Thanks if anyone can help.gw
4 204 Read More
Re: So when do you hang it up? Ted Schefelbein 05/18/21 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by lonesome roads
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
https://3speedtour.com/

Grand mal maybe?

I bet I outlive every one of you old women. And have 10x more fun.

Talk is cheap.
Ride the hill.

Best,
Ted

Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double Argo44 05/18/21 02:21 AM
I had one martini too many...Sorry. Gosh... Covid, age, what to say.

But in my defense with this picture only....Darn it it looks percussion-like - the case must conceal the break - and looking at the hammers...duhhhhhhh: smile
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
21 172 Read More
Re: So when do you hang it up? lonesome roads 05/18/21 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
https://3speedtour.com/

Grand mal maybe?

I bet I outlive every one of you old women. And have 10x more fun.

Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double smp190 05/18/21 01:49 AM
Thanks Argo44, I think it is a nice looking gun however it is a not a percussion gun but a centerfire hammer gun.
21 172 Read More
Re: The pinfire game gun Hal 05/18/21 01:44 AM
Searched a bit and found a Belgian steel fabricator in business since 1830 named New Lachaussee that could account for the "N.L." mark on my gun. Sent them an email asking if they knew what the strange-looking "H" logo might represent, but have not heard back. Still in business making detonators.
378 106,513 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double Argo44 05/18/21 01:40 AM
Strasbourg was part of Germany 1871-1918. Saint Etienne gunmakers bitched about Paris effete barrel makers using Belgian barrels from as early as the 1870's. It looks like this gun went further than that.

This said - beautiful percussion gun.
21 172 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double smp190 05/18/21 01:35 AM
Was a grip safety something that was common during that time?
Can you offer a date range for the gun?

Also is there any significance to the gold grown and initials on the trigger guard?

Regards,
Steve
21 172 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double ellenbr 05/18/21 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by smp190
So Alb. Fornes is the gun builder? or the merchant who the gun was built for? Since Strasbourg is in France, I thought Fornes was a gun builder in France using Belgium proofed barrels.

No, it appears that it passed thru the Liège proof facility so Fornès ordered it from Liège & retailed it.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
21 172 Read More
Re: Help Identifying Belgian Double ellenbr 05/18/21 01:24 AM
[[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
21 172 Read More
Re: Help Identifying French Double smp190 05/18/21 01:23 AM
So Alb. Fornes is the gun builder? or the merchant who the gun was built for? Since Strasbourg is in France, I thought Fornes was a gun builder in France using Belgium proofed barrels.

Regards,
Steve
21 172 Read More
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2021 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.