January
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
9 registered (Dennis Potter, FlyChamps, SamW, m-4, Drew Hause, 1 invisible), 9 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13744 Members
10 Forums
33988 Topics
473317 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Fitted tube sets for sxs's by Bob Jurewicz @ 41 minutes 50 seconds ago

About 5 years ago I put a Briley Companion 20 ga tube set in a 2 1/2" chamber Parker DH with Damascus barrels. I simply filed back the exterior forcing cone-chamber area until I achieved the proper fit. Works fine and I believe safe with double
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by Ted Schefelbein @ 50 minutes 59 seconds ago

It is a bargain. It has beautiful, long, in proof tubes, choked about CYL and FULL, and I wish I had room in my safe for it, and a use not covered by the dozen or so 12s already here. Double triggers and no ejectors give it an edge in reliability. I
Jump to new posts Re: New Zealand firearms law by keith @ Today at 06:24 PM

Um, no James... I do not see how that works. I tried to be as civil as I could when responded to Nancy-boy's bullshit. I could have reverted to calling you a two-faced Canadian weasel. But there was no need to go there to counter Nancy's crap. I don
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by SKB @ Today at 05:19 PM

Hey I am not arguing your point but the market is what it is today. Now days people complain about the price of a gun like that Green.
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 04:54 PM

The E.C. Green you have at $1250, vs a $1000 sleever pretty much makes my point. I donít have anything Iíd trade for a sleeved gun, either. Best, Ted
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by SKB @ Today at 04:32 PM

John Foster did truly invisible sleeving. I have imported guns he sleeved and the work was superb. For me it comes down to price point for what is being bought or sold. I buy a few sleevers and I sell a few. Never for big money but if I can put a g
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 04:27 PM

Best is a weird term. Iím not sure Iíd call a monobloc best work. The skill to knit two chopperlump barrels together seems more best to me. But, my money would still be on a monoblock gun passing the old French triple proof level of 27,000 psi. Beca
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts WTB beater or project Parker Trojan 16ga by gunny @ Today at 03:30 PM

looking for a beater or project Parker Trojan 16ga. PM me with what you have.
Jump to new posts Re: Fitted tube sets for sxs's by Replacement @ Today at 03:02 PM

Why not Briley SideKicks? I know they work for 2-5/8" Parkers because I have a set for a Damascus hammer Parker 12. Briley will ask you what kind of gun they are for and will engrave that maker's name on the SideKicks. Something about rim dep
Jump to new posts Re: Fitted tube sets for sxs's by skeettx @ Today at 02:41 PM

Call Briley and ask them My short chambered damascus Baker sure does like my Briley tubes and my 1893, L.C. Smith Quality 3 likes my Briley tubes. Mike
Jump to new posts Re: Fitted tube sets for sxs's by Big Country @ Today at 02:07 PM

Mark, how hard would it be to fit a orphan set of barrels. I have created some two barrel sets with LC Smiths. I think the Lefever would be a little more difficult. Then you have a set of barrels to alter and keep the other original.
Jump to new posts Re: Fitted tube sets for sxs's by Mark Larson @ Today at 01:51 PM

Thanks Bill. I regularly shoot it with RST's and reloads, so I don't want to alter it. It's a very effective upland gun as is. I just like the idea of making it more versatile. In the end, I probably should just get a modern target gun and call it
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 01:06 PM

Ted, you've made it clear you don't think sleeving is an acceptable method of renovating a barrel damaged double. Do you take that position from a safety concern or the aesthetic? Probably a mixture of the two, but assume a well done sleeve by an ex
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: ShotgunloverThis, like other posts about sleeving, tends to show that monobloc is the best barrel construction method to date. Replacing tubes in a monobloc gun returns it to new condition. Can't say that about sleeving no matt
Jump to new posts Re: Fitted tube sets for sxs's by bill schodlatz @ Today at 10:26 AM

Try Briley for a chamber adjustment. If you don't plan to shoot the damascus it will be safe. I am not sure that Briley would recomend shooting steel through soft Al. tubes. bill
Jump to new posts Re: Italian made Charles Daly by Replacement @ Today at 10:23 AM

Quote:Except for the vent rib, it does look quite a bit like a GR-3. My GR3 12ga does have a vent rib.
Jump to new posts Re: Fitted tube sets for sxs's by Mark Larson @ Today at 10:20 AM

Oh. I didn't know that. Gun has 2 5/8" chambers. You would think they could adjust 1/8" somehow. I have a krupp steel Lefever wit 2 7/8" chambers, but it's already a heavy gun. Tube sets would put it over 8lbs. Hmmm...
Jump to new posts Re: Fitted tube sets for sxs's by Mark II @ Today at 09:57 AM

Briley won't do tubes for chambers under 2 3/4. Make your own or is there another manufacturer?
Jump to new posts Re: Italian made Charles Daly by langley @ Today at 09:57 AM

L. Brown, my gun does have these features, with the rib being low, ventilated, and concave on top. At a quick glance, its hard to tell that it is vented. The stock has a black plastic buttplate marked CD and black plastic grip cap. Fore-end removal i
Jump to new posts Fitted tube sets for sxs's by Mark Larson @ Today at 09:20 AM

For clays shooting, I've been grappling with a desire for cheap ammo availability and choke tube versatility vs my love of shooting classic sxs's instead of new ones. What to do? Then it dawned on me, why not have a fitted 20ga tube set made for my
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by buzz @ Today at 09:12 AM

Originally Posted By: ShotgunloverThis, like other posts about sleeving, tends to show that monobloc is the best barrel construction method to date. Replacing tubes in a monobloc gun returns it to new condition. Can't say that about sleeving no matt
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Loosen old tight screws by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 09:06 AM

Be sure your screwdriver blade is not too wide. Some countersinks for screws have tapered sidewalls, so even though the blade of the screwdriver fits nicely into the visible slot, the edge of the blade may be catching the sidewall below the surface
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by Shotgunlover @ Today at 08:53 AM

Gough Thomas, gun editor of the British Shooting Times and author of several books on shotguns, regarded the stepped monobloc an aesthetic plus. He drew parallels between the stepped bloc and ancient columns.
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Loosen old tight screws by Woodreaux @ Today at 08:52 AM

Depending on where the screw is, you might try an impact driver with the bit modified to fit the slot. Garrett Wade sells a small one I think. I bought one from an auto parts store and filed a bit to fit the holes in the striker disc. The advanta
Jump to new posts Re: Sleeved Barrels by peevedoff @ Today at 08:14 AM

Originally Posted By: canvasbackOriginally Posted By: Geo. NewbernA friend of mine and fellow sxs enthusiast was showing me his 28ga nitro special the other day. It was a twenty gauge that he'd bought from a hobby gun seller on the internet. When h
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... 25 26 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.