November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
5 registered (Stan, Wild Skies, pete2528ca, Woodreaux, 1 invisible), 6 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13694 Members
9 Forums
33694 Topics
468447 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: British case colors by HomelessjOe @ 28 seconds ago

Ed you might as well be arguing with two senile rocks...
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual, even for a Darne... by HomelessjOe @ 10 minutes 14 seconds ago

Brent not sure why you'd entertain the thought of wanting one of those ill designed Fwench clunckers. Ps...Notice how Stanley and Teddy have buddied up ? Stan fArts...Ted runs in to get him a whiff.
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Rust Bluing with Ivory Beads by HomelessjOe @ 18 minutes 6 seconds ago

A better place to ask might be up top...you might do a search I recall people talking about it before.
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bench Vise by HomelessjOe @ 23 minutes 48 seconds ago

Better go back and read the thread azz clown... Hard to break anything when you don't do anything but set around and rub yer nuttz sipping on beer looking at your big vise.
Jump to new posts Re: Gangs of Wild Turkeys by Nudge @ 48 minutes 32 seconds ago

The turkeys took over New Jersey years ago. I doubt if a Republican can even get elected to state office anymore. Nudge
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bench Vise by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 05:19 AM

The guy who broke a vise is thinking he should school somebody on craftsmanship. That is rare air. Until yesterday, I couldn’t even say I knew anyone who ever broke a vise. I’ve seen broken vises, but, never a clown who would fess up to it. You are
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual, even for a Darne... by Ted Schefelbein @ Today at 05:12 AM

Never. Not unless they have been restocked, here. Best, Ted
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bench Vise by HomelessjOe @ Yesterday at 10:55 PM

No azz clown Ted Sheet'ferbrAinz I was making a point that a vise is made for holding something you are working on....not to be used as an anvil. Your big Wilton vise can hold big things....I don't néed a vise to hold big things. I'm glad you feel
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual, even for a Darne... by BrentD @ Yesterday at 10:16 PM

Yes, that's the one. The stock was totally wrong. Might be okay, but it's not right for sure. It looks like the rear of the fore end is oil soaked on each side. I'm curious what it weighs but at that price, I'm not interested. Do Darnes ever ha
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual, even for a Darne... by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 09:51 PM

If it is the gun with the full pistol grip, it is a restock in American black walnut, and worth nowhere near the asking price. That was all I saw at 4K, and it has been there a while. Best, Ted
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual, even for a Darne... by BrentD @ Yesterday at 09:00 PM

Thanks Ted, I'm not a novice to recoil. Not by a very, very long shot. I find 32" barrels too easy to plug in snow and difficult to negotiate with in tall grass which is 8-9 feet tall around here. I did this for a while with a 32" Eva
Jump to new posts Re: Browning SXS sporter by Tamid @ Yesterday at 08:39 PM

I have an early Citori Lightning with 26 inch barrels, fixed chokes and English straight stock. Opened the top one so both would be modified. Put a mercury recoil reducer in the stock to weigh it down and glass bedded it. I figure I've owned it for
Jump to new posts Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers by Argo44 @ Yesterday at 08:21 PM

Steve, many thanks for that erudite and extremely well-written and informative history...I learned a lot...not the least about the original Lefaucheux at the 1851 Crystal Palace Exposition and the presence of Lang's pin-fire at the 1855 Paris Univers
Jump to new posts Re: Browning SXS sporter by Replacement @ Yesterday at 06:18 PM

Quote:such as Remington Hypersonic 1 1/4 oz at 1700 fps. A bunch of the guys I hunt with bought loads of Hypersonic when it was on sale a few years ago. We still have most of it because it hurts too much in anything but a gas semi.
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Newest auction find early rock island 1903 sporter by 375whelenIMP @ Yesterday at 04:51 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Browning SXS sporter by DGM @ Yesterday at 04:43 PM

I have a standard BSS and have shot a fair amount of steel in it. BUT, mine has fairly open Briley thinwall chokes made for steel shot in it, and I shoot 1 oz Kent upland steel loads. Some of the waterfowl steel loads available today are pretty ho
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual, even for a Darne... by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 04:27 PM

Stan’s advice is not bad. Recoil is a force to be reckoned with. I’ve got a lot of time in hunting pheasants, a lot of time on snowshoes, and plenty of time (maybe too much) hunting birds on snowshoes. In that endeavor, I prefer a LONG light weight
Jump to new posts Re: Unusual, even for a Darne... by Stan @ Yesterday at 04:13 PM

Originally Posted By: BrentD No one (except Stan) says one has to load 1.25 oz. loads in a 12 for pheasants. Would you kindly show me where I said any such thing? It's the weight of the gun, not the gauge. And the recoil is about much more than
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bench Vise by Ted Schefelbein @ Yesterday at 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOeOriginally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein Jim, I haven’t really beat on a vise. I beat on something I was holding in a Versa Vice 30+ years ago....broke it. Told my Gunsmith about it he asked if he could have it I said
Jump to new posts Re: Pinfire guns; worth the trouble? by Steve Nash @ Yesterday at 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Argo44Steve, I don't know whether you saw this New Zealand pin-fire Reilly that I dated to April 1858. Really interesting...and of course the question I asked there is also interesting - i.e. when did Birmingham start to manufa
Jump to new posts Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers by Daryl Hallquist @ Yesterday at 03:51 PM

Steve Nash and Argo, thanks so much for your thoughts. I love the art and mechanisms of the old pinfires and actually enjoy shooting them. I am learning that the pinfires went somewhat before 1860, which is the , I thought, the starting date.
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Winchester Model 70 Pre 64 vs. Post 64 by Mills @ Yesterday at 03:46 PM

I am getting into rifles a bit and keep seeing the Winchester pre 64 vs post 64. What is the basic difference? I assume it is like the Utica vs. Philly Foxes or pre 1913 LC Smiths vs post 13 Smiths? Assuming that is the case, how much did the qual
Jump to new posts Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers by Steve Nash @ Yesterday at 03:37 PM

Oh, to have been around London in the 1850s and experience first-hand the technological advances and geopolitics of that time... Fortunately we do have limited contemporary information sources to chronicle these events, and the guns themselves add t
Jump to new posts Re: J D Dougall Questions?? by VintageShooter @ Yesterday at 02:43 PM

Roy - I am VintageShooter. I collect J. D. Dougall guns. I have 15 of his guns and I have doing research on him for over 10 years . I know from my research that he made Lockfasts in 20 ga. Have you ever seen one. Also I know he made a shotgun tha
Jump to new posts Re: Best Bench Vise by Mike Hunter @ Yesterday at 02:22 PM

Yup... 6 inch Reed: 130 lbs, 8 inch; 250 lbs, no clue on a 9 inch... saw a pic of a 13 inch: 1400+ Lbs. Gots forklift and trailer... will travel
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.