July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
9 registered (Jtplumb, Jeremy Pearce, graybeardtmm3, GETTEMANS, Karl Graebner, 2 invisible), 11 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13837 Members
10 Forums
34495 Topics
483249 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: W C Scott and Son chamber size question by KY Jon @ 2 minutes 41 seconds ago

2 3-4” almost never. If the gun has been in the us long? If so most likely answer is somebody eased the chambers from 2.5 to 2.75. Measure the wall thickness. If greater than .100 you should be ok with same pressure loads. If under .080 I would not
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Daly Diamond Grades by Recoil Rob @ 3 minutes 6 seconds ago

That's a 16 I'd own! What bbl. length did you end up with?
Jump to new posts Re: W C Scott and Son chamber size question by tigertrout @ 30 minutes 23 seconds ago

thx so far.......but still trying to determine if they were chambering sidelock hammer guns in 2 3/4 in 1872......? anybody know if 2 3/4 inch is possibly original....?
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Charcoal bluing by BrentD @ Today at 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: PhysDocI wanted to give charcoal bluing a try, I found this recipe in Clyde Baker's book "Modern Gunsmithing" It reads: An old English gun maker gave me the following which I have seen him use to produce very fine wo
Jump to new posts Re: W C Scott and Son chamber size question by Drew Hause @ Today at 12:54 PM

Prior to the Proof House revisions of 1925, 2 1/2" chambers were (usually) marked 1 1/8 oz. and 2 3/4" chambers marked 1 1/4 oz. Any almost 100 year old gun deserves a good check and clean, with a bore scope examination and wall thickness
Jump to new posts Re: W C Scott and Son chamber size question by Saskbooknut @ Today at 12:51 PM

16,000 serial numbers fall in 1872 according to the W&C Scott history.
Jump to new posts Re: W C Scott and Son chamber size question by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 12:33 PM

If it says between the barrels "imported by Abercrombie and Fitch" it was probably made for the American market and the chamber have been 2 3/4" all along...Geo
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts MINT - BERNARDELLI HAMMER 12 GA - FROM 1968 by Guy Ave @ Today at 12:26 PM

Mint condition Bernardelli 12 gauge hammer shotgun. Specs are listed below. 29 1/2" barrels with .722 bores - 32/1000 right and 42/1000 left choke Chambers are 3" Rebounding hammers Date code is 1968 - Stoeger Import 95% original case col
Jump to new posts W C Scott and Son chamber size question by tigertrout @ Today at 12:08 PM

As the title says ......... I have a 16,000 ish serial number W C Scott and Son, 12 gauge, SXS, in measuring the chambers it appears to be a 2 and 3/4 inch gun. My question is ........was it common to have a side lock hammer gun chambered for 2 3/4
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: high walls in 30 US by james-l @ Today at 11:52 AM

Somewhere I've seen a photo of the Krag Highwall that Townsend Whelen owned and used for years, wonder what configuration it was.
Jump to new posts Re: high walls in 30 US by Recoil Rob @ Today at 11:52 AM

Talk about barrel heavy, my .22LR has a 30" #3 barrel. It's all barrel. Seems to carry well, though heavy.
Jump to new posts Re: The pinfire game gun by Geo. Newbern @ Today at 10:55 AM

Here's one more for comparison. A Boss built in 1860 as a pinfire gun and converted to centerfire. It seems facially similar to the ones posted above, but this one has an underlever single bite lockup...Geo
Jump to new posts Re: high walls in 30 US by rocky mtn bill @ Today at 09:58 AM

Craig, My 30" 3# rifle in 30 US weighs 10 lbs, and it's very muzzle heavy. One in 25-35 would weigh around eleven. For a pip squeak cartridge, that's a lot of hardware. Waterman, you may well be right about match rules. Is there any record of ho
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Daly Diamond Grades by vam5067 @ Today at 09:44 AM

Thanks Canvasback! I'll try to put those up tonight when I'm done work.
Jump to new posts Re: Auguste Francotte by Steve Nash @ Today at 09:33 AM

Wonderful article, thanks for sharing.
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Light Gun for a friend Wanted by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 09:30 AM

Awfully pretty gun, but out of the "shooter" category I think he's looking for. Thanks for the post.
Jump to new posts Re: The pinfire game gun by Steve Nash @ Today at 09:29 AM

Wonderful find, AaronN, I had wondered how a gun with a British address could have wholly foreign proofs – now I know. Assuming Gustave Masu learned his lesson and didn’t repeat the offence, the Bastin action gun would have likely been sold before Ma
Jump to new posts Re: Auguste Francotte by Daryl Hallquist @ Today at 09:27 AM

Very interesting and well done.
Jump to new posts Re: LOW PRESSURE LOADS FOR DAMASCUS by KY Jon @ Today at 09:09 AM

If you look you can find several 7/8 ounce loads that come in under 8,000 psi.. Two of my favorites are 800X 1200fps at 7500 psi and a 572 load which is 1150fps at 7,200 psi. I have used both and they are listed on Hodgdon powder site and I had the
Jump to new posts Re: LOW PRESSURE LOADS FOR DAMASCUS by L. Brown @ Today at 07:56 AM

Originally Posted By: greener4meKYJ please clarify for me - is > 8,000 psi a low pressure load in the 20G? I'd say it's pretty low for a 20ga. The smaller the bore, the higher the pressure. Much easier to make up low pressure 12ga reloads vs 2
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Daly Diamond Grades by canvasback @ Today at 07:39 AM

Just speaking on behalf of myself, now that you have the gun back, can we see some pics of the muzzles where Dewey had to do the repair?
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Daly Diamond Grades by canvasback @ Today at 07:38 AM

Posted on behalf of the OP. Gun has been worked on by Dewey Vicknair since last pics.
Jump to new posts Auguste Francotte by Robertovich @ Today at 05:55 AM

One Latvian grandfather of a very advanced age, who created a museum of antique motorcycles on a deaf farm, answered the question of the correspondent why this was necessary. Every person is intended for something, he said. Happy is who found his mis
Jump to new posts Re: LOW PRESSURE LOADS FOR DAMASCUS by greener4me @ Today at 05:38 AM

KYJ please clarify for me - is > 8,000 psi a low pressure load in the 20G?
Jump to new posts Re: True or false? Can a boxlock be a “Best” gun? by Steve Nash @ Today at 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Karl GraebnerRocketman, That is a very good explanation of it. Karl I agree as well
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 ... 19 20 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.