September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
6 registered (Pablo Pincemin, Researcher, Stan, Jtplumb, Joe in Charlotte, 1 invisible), 3 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13885 Members
10 Forums
34796 Topics
488043 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by craigd @ 09/21/20 11:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BrentDHow many schuetzen bolt rifles do you see? Not many. It is a dfferent sort of rifle, that's certain. Sort of crazy to shoot that game with a .30-06 though. I do not believe it would be a legally competitive rifle in
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
My 17 year old son, Finn and his first Sharptail in MT. It was a nice one shot kill at a respectable distance with his custom stocked Famars 20ga.
Jump to new posts Re: Posting pictures to my post by Recoil Rob @ 09/21/20 10:58 AM

I use imgbb.com. It's easy to use and once you upload your image it will give you the "full linked code" which you can copy and paste into your post directly without having to use the picture icon above the post. And kudos to you for wanti
Jump to new posts Re: Clean Filson Tin cloth? by Recoil Rob @ 09/21/20 10:52 AM

I may be giving up on Filson Tincloth. For years I have worn their Tincloth bibs while upland hunting and once you get past the stiffness they're not bad, wind and briar proof. But the wax coating holds dirt (read abrasive), and breaking them in als
Jump to new posts Re: Clean Filson Tin cloth? by Lloyd3 @ 09/21/20 10:45 AM

You can certainly clean them, but then you should re-oil them. Filson still sells said oil. Filson seems hell-bent on moving away from the gear that actually made their name for them. It seems like they only-grudgingly make their hunting-related clot
Jump to new posts Re: I thought the board would want to know by HomelessjOe @ 09/21/20 10:39 AM

Glad you made it Stan...I'm sure it was a life changing event. I worked with a guy that was out where he shouldn't have been too and he had a kinda' similar life changing event. Guy gave his old lady the clap and got fire and brim stone religion al
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: WTB BSS Sporter, 12 ga. by HomelessjOe @ 09/21/20 10:33 AM

Nope
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Wards Westernfield Long Range Double Not Firing by 82nd Trooper @ 09/21/20 10:33 AM

I believe this model is a Western Arms by way of a Lefever/Ithaca and sold by Montgomery Ward and all parts are there.. When test firing the gun would not fire. Not much of a mark on the primers. I was using modern Federal ammo. The firing pins hit
Jump to new posts Re: Have 16, will travel. by Lloyd3 @ 09/21/20 10:28 AM

ed: You've created a monster....more pix: Early morning walk yesterday. Grouse food (known locally as "high-bush cranberries"). You can make jam (and even booze) from them. They smell like dirty sneakers when you walk by them. The
Jump to new posts Re: Hard Opening by mc @ 09/21/20 10:26 AM

So what are you saying mark?
Jump to new posts Re: Clean Filson Tin cloth? by SKB @ 09/21/20 09:40 AM

You mean you actually clean your hunting clothes? My Filson vest has not been cleaned since I bought it in the mid 90's. I did just buy new tin cloth chaps after my first pair began to resemble Swiss cheese, great gear. I was heart broken to see Fi
Jump to new posts Re: Superposed Trigger by Dave Schiller @ 09/21/20 09:32 AM

I pulled the stocks from the Super in question and one from a Super with inertia triggers. There is a a slight difference. The converted gun gas a small wire spring in the system where the "normal" trigger system does not. I don't know w
Jump to new posts Re: 300 Savage by rocky mtn bill @ 09/21/20 09:32 AM

PhsDoc, That is the rifle. When it came to me, someone had kindly supplied the mount top together with a Lyman Alaskan. They had neglected to tighten the ring screws, and so if they fired it, the groups would have been disappionting enough to put it
Jump to new posts Re: Posting pictures to my post by Argo44 @ 09/21/20 09:28 AM

You don't have to sign into Jpgbox to view the image. Neither for Imgur.
Jump to new posts Re: Clean Filson Tin cloth? by Gr8day @ 09/21/20 09:14 AM

Garden hose
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by rcathey @ 09/21/20 08:57 AM

So many neat "doo-dads" on that rifle. I bid to $910...I was going to bid more until I went back to the page and saw it was, at that time, just shy of $2k. Really quite surprised it went THAT high!
Jump to new posts Re: Is there room for another SxS event? by AZMike @ 09/21/20 08:42 AM

Just look at some of the other shooting venues, the big trap shoots in Arizona have given up lots of vendors for the fall shoots and only the Spring Grand (600+ shooters) draw many vendors. Trapshooters are easy to sell stuff to. Couldn't shoots sur
Jump to new posts Re: I thought the board would want to know by simcgunner @ 09/21/20 08:41 AM

I'm very happy your doing better Stan. That was a close one.
Jump to new posts Clean Filson Tin cloth? by AZMike @ 09/21/20 08:35 AM

I see lots of opinions, how do you clean yours?
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by BrentD @ 09/21/20 08:31 AM

How many schuetzen bolt rifles do you see? Not many. It is a dfferent sort of rifle, that's certain. Sort of crazy to shoot that game with a .30-06 though. I do not believe it would be a legally competitive rifle in today's schuetzen.
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: OShatz Polish shotgun by BrentD @ 09/21/20 08:26 AM

Yes, it appears it has belonged to several countries and regularly gets kicked around. Google maps and Wikipedia says Poland now and that it is also known as Szczecin. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szczecin Have you ever heard of OShatz the gun bu
Jump to new posts Re: 300 Savage by LRF @ 09/21/20 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By: xausaIt's been my experience that deer can't tell the difference between a .300 Savage and a .308 Winchester, provided the bullet placement is reasonably correct. Yes, well said.
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by eightbore @ 09/21/20 07:30 AM

I think the bidders must have called to ask the name of the owner. Maybe he turned out to be someone of repute. The Hoffman bolt peep is a great feature.
Jump to new posts Re: Is there room for another SxS event? by ClapperZapper @ 09/21/20 07:27 AM

Clubs can have all the shoots they want. They just can't attract enough fresh buying customers for the vendors to invest in attending. More than a few times I have heard a person say to a traveling vendor, "I'll see you at..." I'll stop
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: WTB BSS Sporter, 12 ga. by L. Brown @ 09/21/20 06:59 AM

I might be misremembering, but I believe all the Sporters had a SST.
Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.