September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
6 registered (dezrat57, BrentD, rocky mtn bill, Mark II, Flintfan, Bob Jurewicz), 5 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13890 Members
10 Forums
34809 Topics
488185 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by craigd @ 09/23/20 06:20 AM

I believe many firearms are impulse buys. This rifle may be much more likely to be resold at significantly less, that appreciate.
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by fuhrmann @ 09/23/20 01:48 AM

That is certainly a royal crown, indicating some archduke, prince or other royalty. Prince Rudolf of Austria however died in 1889. fuhrmann
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: I thought the board would want to know by Chuck H @ 09/23/20 01:36 AM

Welcome back Stan. I hope you stick around for a good bit longer. On learning of your accident, I started reading some of your old postings and ran across one where you had examined Bo Whoop and some old .410 posts. I'm hoping to read many more li
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by Steve Helsley @ 09/23/20 12:35 AM

It's likely that the cartridge is too long (and the base too large) for disassembly with most commercial inertia pullers. You'll probably need to use a collet type puller. Don't expect the powder charge to come out easily. The old black powder is pro
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by WBLDon @ 09/23/20 12:13 AM

My preferred method for dissembling cartridges is to use a collet bullet puller. RCBS makes a good one. Check with any of ur buddies that reload as they probably have one. Might need to order the correct size collet but those are only 11 bucks or
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by skeettx @ 09/23/20 12:09 AM

I would use an inertial bullet puller with a cushion in the bottom to cushion the bullet. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012714588?pid=215517 Mike P.S. that is if the internal cavity is large enough to handle the cartridge
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by BrentD @ 09/22/20 11:21 PM

I can't help you with technique except go slow and easy. Tap it gently and repeatedly to loosen and the bullet may pull out with or without the paper. As a paper patch fanatic, I would love to see more of what you have and find and I'd be particu
Jump to new posts Re: CSMC ? by MyGSPIzzy @ 09/22/20 11:17 PM

I have not had to use CSMC for repair work but my sales experience with them was off-putting. Last spring and summer, I scoured every dealer site and auction house (including prior sales) for a 30” 20ga Fox in CE or XE grade. I located a DE through
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ 09/22/20 11:05 PM

Mr. Raimey, You've no doubt taught this lesson to a few people before me, but I need to ask you what you see that points to the Zella-Mehlis proofing as I don't see a "Z-M" mark? Also, please excuse my ignorance, but what are mid-center s
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by Replacement @ 09/22/20 10:53 PM

And some guys like to use black powder in paper hulls for old hammer doubles with composite barrels and ungainly stock dimensions. Don't they realize that modern gas semi-autos are better tools for shooting birds or clays? Never mind...
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by Wonko the Sane @ 09/22/20 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted SchefelbeinWhat Justin said. I can’t help but notice that nobody here ever asks if they should run straight, non detergent 30W turn of the century vintage oil in their modern 2 stroke engines. Or, straight non detergent 30
Jump to new posts Re: The pinfire game gun by Hal @ 09/22/20 10:04 PM

My favorite #46 with the teeth and eyes.
Jump to new posts Re: W. Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ 09/22/20 09:43 PM

Unique mid-centre Sears. Cheers, Rainey rse
Jump to new posts Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ 09/22/20 09:42 PM

Help wanted on how to do this. I want to carefully dis-assemble a loaded antique 450/400 3-1/4" BPE paper patched round. I know this might offend some people, but I bought a box of ten, and carefully sacrificing one for science seems like a fair
Jump to new posts Re: W. Förster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by ellenbr @ 09/22/20 09:41 PM

Passed thru the Zella-Mehlis proof facility so the top number, maybe June 1903, is the date ,& the 700 number is the ledger number for the month. Being that high on the tubeset, it should date between 1900 & 1912. Cheers, Rainey rse
Jump to new posts Re: Repair on an 1886 Scott Climax Action by Argo44 @ 09/22/20 09:38 PM

Dustin, And thanks for the NC suggestion. I'll contact him and drive down to Rocky Mount. The Mask Nazi's here are driving me crazy and my French wife recently threatened me with the guillotine - she can't breath with a mask and the French characte
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2020 Hunting Season by Rubberhead @ 09/22/20 09:32 PM

I have hunted ducks with a double of one sort or another since 1985. But, I was given a gun with a lot of family history, a 1956 Sweet Sixteen, and used it some for duck hunting. It just seems that an Auto-5 is the quintessential waterfowl gun. An
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by BrentD @ 09/22/20 09:31 PM

But then all data points are open to interpretation. You will not get a second datum. So, your best prior is exactly what you have. Furthermore, you know there is someone out there that is willing to pay one bid less than that, so call it $4700.
That's sort of a thought I had but i would use wood and hopefully it would be good enough to go. Lotsa work though.
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by BrentD @ 09/22/20 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: bill schodlatzWhen I worked for Chrysler Trenton Plant the best oil we ever used as an additive was sperm whale oil. For many years it was consider the best gun oil. Today it is not legal. bill You mean this stuff in the yel
Jump to new posts Re: Repair on an 1886 Scott Climax Action by LeFusil @ 09/22/20 08:50 PM

Scott Climax action is actually pretty simple, nothing complicated about it at all. You’re in Virginia, send it to Gunter Pfrommer in Rocky Mount. He’s a Ferlach trainer Gunmaker. Can’t hardly get much better than that.
Jump to new posts Re: Repair on an 1886 Scott Climax Action by bill schodlatz @ 09/22/20 08:46 PM

Check with Philips gunsmithing, he is the smartest action guy I have found in 50 years of searching. 210-313-5988 bill
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by bill schodlatz @ 09/22/20 08:41 PM

When I worked for Chrysler Trenton Plant the best oil we ever used as an additive was sperm whale oil. For many years it was consider the best gun oil. Today it is not legal. bill
Jump to new posts Re: Is there room for another SxS event? by Nitrah @ 09/22/20 08:34 PM

The Great Northern is really a great shoot. Well organized and run, very good mix of targets that are all hittable with modest loads. I shot all 7/8's oz of 8's and never felt the need for more. I think good targets are a key and since I shoot at a c
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by PhysDoc @ 09/22/20 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: BrentD Well, pretty clearly, it has a value of $4725. Well, no, that is a single data point open to interpretation.
Page 12 of 15 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.