June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (canvasback, j7l2, 1 invisible), 237 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,734
Posts502,828
Members14,040
Most Online462
Aug 5th, 2016
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: shotshell availability in your area? Tom Findrick 06/11/21 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by gold40
I am surprised that we are not seeing imported shot shells from Europe and Latin America in large quantities. Does anyone know why this is not happening?

Like i and Skb have written; there are cargo ships at anchor that can’t unload for lack of dock workers.
38 1,445 Read More
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: 1885 .219 Improved Vall 06/11/21 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by HighWall
I hope you're shooting this fine old rifle.

Not yet, but I've only had it a week now. I plan to shoot it a bit, and then may resell it. Mainly bought it to help a friend out who needed to get some money for another gun purchase.
I'm more of a Ballard guy, soo this is my only Winchester 1885.
10 469 Read More
Re: Fly rods and double guns Lloyd3 06/11/21 06:01 PM
Both are highly evolved tools used for food gathering...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I used to have some photography of a circa 1890s Thomas Bland 20-bore Hammergun in it's original case, posed with some old Grangers and some Hardy reels but...just can't find it.
45 1,155 Read More
Re: Fly rods and double guns Geo. Newbern 06/11/21 05:56 PM
No trout down here, but I'd guess I might have caught a million river redbellies with a light fly rod over the years. Mostly by roll-casting crickets. Nevertheless I'd rather fish an ultralight spinner rig over a fly rod. Just depends upon whether they're biting naturals or beetle-spins at the river phase I'm fishing...Geo
45 1,155 Read More
Re: shotshell availability in your area? Cold Iron 06/11/21 05:54 PM
Box stores not so much. Federal is selling direct on line now and usually has a good supply of Top Guns in stock. Free shipping when you spend more than $149 which isn't hard to do when you pay full retail of $11 a box just for promo 12 ga.

Couple of weeks ago at Caribou Gun Club they were out of 12 ga. Said he had orders in for several months but nothing delivered. While he has hosted the FITASC world championships and U.S. Open Sporting Clays championships in the past he seemed more worried about getting shells in for corporate shoots. Then again likely makes a lot more money on corporate shoots and weddings which seems to be the focus anymore. Did have some 16 ga. on the shelf at $10 a box. But I still have ~14 flats of Herters 16 ga. that I got at $4.99 a box and 4 flats of Federal 16 ga. bought when they were on sale for $6-$7 a box. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Last week shot at Horse and Hunt and they had signs up all over that they were out of 12 ga. ammunition. They did have 20 ga. ammo for $11 a box, hard pass on that. Friend and I paid for 200 rounds each they gave us 480 rounds on the punch card and we shoot our lookers. Can only buy as many boxes as you shoot but that would still be close to a flat each. Came in for lunch and they were unloading a truck full of 12 ga. Fiocchi 1 oz. loads. Asked how much and they said $12 a box. Another hard pass.

In another year more like 2 years when I run out of existing flats and reloading components may have to pay those prices. But not yet.
38 1,445 Read More
Re: Fly rods and double guns Researcher 06/11/21 05:36 PM
Never got to me. While I have loved upland hunting with a vintage double over an English Setter or two for sixty years, fishing to me is my five foot Shakespeare Ugly Stick, an ultra light spinning reel and a small pixie. While I wander around Kodiak Island that is all I use. Mostly looking for pan size Dolly Vardens, but Lots of Pink and Silver Salmon and a few Rainbows. Haven't fished in the lower 48 for nearly two decades.

The fact that fly fishermen require waters restricted to fly only fishing has always seemed very elitist to me!!
45 1,155 Read More
Re: Thomas W. Perkes locks Steve Helsley 06/11/21 04:57 PM
Jamie243AI,

Two images to follow.
The gun is a 12-b Boss sidelock non-ejector. It was built on the Perkes patent
in 1886.
3 236 Read More
Re: Fly rods and double guns Der Ami 06/11/21 03:48 PM
It helps fill the time, you fish when you can't hunt and hunt when you can't fish. The tools you choose to use depends on what you enjoy.
Mike
45 1,155 Read More
Re: Fly rods and double guns Lawrence Kotchek 06/11/21 03:41 PM
craft and craftsmanship
45 1,155 Read More
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: Etching Help Richard R 06/11/21 03:34 PM
Can someone clear my confusion. When etching do you replace the mixture each time after each etch, or use it repeatedly? If you dip it in a PVC tube doesn’t it eat the tube? Thanks
Richard
10 401 Read More
Re: Fly rods and double guns Dan S. W. 06/11/21 03:14 PM
A penchant for making things more difficult and expensive???
45 1,155 Read More
Fly rods and double guns FallCreekFan 06/11/21 03:10 PM
Sitting at my tying bench yesterday and found myself wondering, “What is it about fly rods and double guns?”

There sure seems to be an affinity between them and the sports they are tools of.

Thoughts?
45 1,155 Read More
Re: Shooting glasses lonesome roads 06/11/21 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
By now I figured you would know you were accident prone.

I can just see Stan hopping around after shooting him self in the foot trying to quick draw on a drug dealer.

Re: Miroku B.C My Luck opinions? nca225 06/11/21 02:04 PM
Nice guns. Best wishes if you jump on it.
13 682 Read More
Re: shotshell availability in your area? SKB 06/11/21 01:48 PM
The supply chain has been disrupted world wide, Italy is a major producer of shotgun shells and it has been under lockdown for much of the past year. Everything is slowed down and backed up regarding shipping, cargo ships are queued up waiting to be unloaded and the cost of shipping is currently crazy high. As things begin to open up again supply should increase but when it catches up to demand and we see product regularly in stock is anyone's guess.
38 1,445 Read More
Re: shotshell availability in your area? gold40 06/11/21 01:35 PM
I am surprised that we are not seeing imported shot shells from Europe and Latin America in large quantities. Does anyone know why this is not happening?
38 1,445 Read More
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com Jump to new posts
Re: New Regulation Shortcut - shoot proper ammo crs 06/11/21 01:17 PM
Packing gear for range outing tomorrow. This should provide enough information to decide on which bullet weights and loads are best for this rifle.
Then to go hog hunting with the best fit ammo.
11 1,835 Read More
Re: Lefevers ed good 06/11/21 12:57 PM
16 973 Read More
Re: What is this tool ? HomelessjOe 06/11/21 12:13 PM
Short starter.
19 1,039 Read More
Re: Thanks, Dave HomelessjOe 06/11/21 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Buzz
Aha Stanton, well if it’s any consolation for you, I know of at least one of the individuals who has been ‘cleaned’ actually was saddened when you drowned and was hopeful for your survival. So, there you go. Twitter and Facebook are run by a bunch of left wing loonies, and I’m glad you pointed out this forum is not the same.

I know you're not talking about me.
28 2,002 Read More
Re: Shooting glasses HomelessjOe 06/11/21 11:52 AM
By now I figured you would know you were accident prone.
47 1,448 Read More
Re: Shooting glasses Stanton Hillis 06/11/21 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by eightbore
I still have my Ray Bans from fifty years ago, but the prescription is a bit dated.

You 'da man, Bill!

I can't even remember how many pairs I've been through. Laid one pair on the tractor seat then got back in and sat on them. Another set I laid on a peanut combine tire while I crawled under it to work on something. Yep, you got it, I climbed back in the tractor, started off, and ran over them. Then, there's the ones last year when I took them off to pull off my t-shirt before putting on my LifeLine vest. Warmed up the 240 Merc on the Allison, made a short run upriver then turned back to look for them ............ gone of course, into the drink.

Maybe they worked their way downriver to Savannah, got caught up in the currents and wound up in Rob's clam bed. I dunno. One thing's for sure, no one will ever find a Submariner that I lost. I don't even own a watch.
47 1,448 Read More
Re: Shooting glasses eightbore 06/11/21 08:29 AM
I dug up an Omega Seamaster on our club skeet field about twenty years ago. I wound it and it worked without any further attention. To be honest, it has been repaired a couple of times since. No one has claimed it. I still have my Ray Bans from fifty years ago, but the prescription is a bit dated.
47 1,448 Read More
Re: shotshell availability in your area? spring 06/11/21 02:06 AM
I was getting fitted for a gun today at the Dallas Gun Club and there was a huge competitive event going on there with loads of people all around shooting like there was no tomorrow. Many of them had their motor homes and such parked around like they were going to have fun and stay a while. Looking into it, I see that it was the Paxton Arms Texas State Skeet Championship. No sign of any sort of shortage there.
38 1,445 Read More
Re: shotshell availability in your area? Stanton Hillis 06/11/21 12:31 AM
Whenever I want to go and shoot a round of sporting clays I can buy 5 boxes to shoot 100 targets. Very generous, IMO.

I will be buying flats of shells for dove season as the right load becomes available. And, it will, eventually.
38 1,445 Read More
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2021 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.