August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (Marc Ret, David Williamson, BrentD, Garbi, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13862 Members
10 Forums
34629 Topics
485304 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Boltman @ 08/08/20 09:37 PM

Vall - a tremendous improvement on that Schoyen Ballard. That hot blue job was a travesty on that rifle. A nice case color job was the way to go.
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery. by buzz @ 08/08/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: KY JonI had such a bad flinch right handed that I had to start shooting left handed. It was that or quit. I had stopped shooting for six months and the flinch was waiting for my return. I made the switch with a .410 to remove
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Boltman @ 08/08/20 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BrentDAnyone have a 1895 light weight Deluxe? It is a gun I would like to own. Also, does this 1895 look familiar to anyone? This is not mine, but I want it to be. I'm still stalking it. That's a beautiful M1895 taked
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: metal prep by BrentD @ 08/08/20 09:05 PM

I blue summer and winter in my shop. Humidity can be all over the place. I use milder solution if I think it will get away from me. I too prefer lots of applications of very mild solution to get a smooth luster, however, I have to adjust my solution
Jump to new posts Re: metal prep by SKB @ 08/08/20 08:48 PM

The different hue thing exists, as to why I can not say. It may be combination of factors. Have you ever noticed the high proportion of Scottish guns which have plum tone to the blue? We are pretty dry here in CO and humidity is certainly one facto
Jump to new posts Re: metal prep by BrentD @ 08/08/20 08:34 PM

Sounds a lot like what I do. 2x a day, 12 hrs between coats. I use a barely damp cotton pad or cloth t-shirt. Never thought about the foam brush approach. I've used Pilkington's, and I still cut it a little bit at least. My favorite was WinRest,
Jump to new posts Re: metal prep by SKB @ 08/08/20 08:29 PM

I like Pilkington's for rust blue myself. I put on light coat after ridding a foam applicator brush of the excess fluid, leave it to hang in my garage and boil 10 hours or so later. Two coats a day this way and done in about a week. I use it full st
Jump to new posts Re: RST ammo by Geo. Newbern @ 08/08/20 07:57 PM

When I go into a shooting slump that's exactly what I do to get my shooting eye back in. Trick is you have to MAKE yourself hold where the gun is shooting. It may take me a box of shells to hit anything, but once the hand/eye coordination is reprog
Jump to new posts Re: metal prep by BrentD @ 08/08/20 07:52 PM

These questions is getting a little ahead of the conversation, but, Steve, what do you use for rust bluing solution? I've used a fair number of them now, but find I want to cut them by about 50% to slow them down to my pace and for my final expectat
Jump to new posts Re: Bluing Removal by Mark II @ 08/08/20 07:46 PM

I haven't tried the phosphoric on hot blued parts so I don't know for sure. Best guess it would. Unless there is lots of pits with active rust I just polish of the old finish. Polish to 320 or 400 depending on how high a polish you want the finished
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by craigd @ 08/08/20 07:45 PM

Always an interesting and top notch line up MG. It is odd that I've seen one of those Lyman no. 8 front sights, and it was on a Bullard single shot of all things. I had thoughts of picking up one of those Red River copies just in case, but who knows
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by BrentD @ 08/08/20 07:45 PM

And this Ballard used to be owned by a friend. I think it has the most lovely buttstock of all time. It was bought be someone that is/was on this forum. I love the way it reaches back to connect with its muzzleloading phylogeny.
Jump to new posts Re: RST ammo by 28 gauge shooter @ 08/08/20 07:43 PM

For my #1, I already swapped out the barrel for doves; shooting IM, and Full. The little Rizzini, is choked M/F. I am in full agreement, more choke may mean a few misses, However, when your on -very few fly offs and a happy dog to boot. When I wa
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by BrentD @ 08/08/20 07:39 PM

Anyone have a 1895 light weight Deluxe? It is a gun I would like to own. Also, does this 1895 look familiar to anyone? This is not mine, but I want it to be. I'm still stalking it.
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Vall @ 08/08/20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: BoltmanOriginally Posted By: VallOriginally Posted By: BoltmanThe .25-20 you refer to is still with me. I also bought the M1893 your refer to. It was a .25-36. It was neat to have the pair of them. Neat they were both in .25
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Boltman @ 08/08/20 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: VallOriginally Posted By: BoltmanThe .25-20 you refer to is still with me. I also bought the M1893 your refer to. It was a .25-36. It was neat to have the pair of them. Neat they were both in .25 caliber as well. However, I
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Vall @ 08/08/20 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: BoltmanThe .25-20 you refer to is still with me. I also bought the M1893 your refer to. It was a .25-36. It was neat to have the pair of them. Neat they were both in .25 caliber as well. However, I was never completely happ
Jump to new posts Re: Adding pictures to an ad by Geo. Newbern @ 08/08/20 07:16 PM

Unfortunately, you cannot post a picture on this website directly from your PC, Phone or tablet. To be posted here the picture must already be on the internet. Most of us use a picture hosting site and follow the instructions for that particular site
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Boltman @ 08/08/20 07:14 PM

Vall - that is a nice-looking Marlin .25-20. I do recall the details of this one. Cool that you were able to simply remove the added blue from the receiver and didn't need to have it redone. It kind of reminds me of a Winchester M1892 .25-20 I hav
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery. by Stan @ 08/08/20 07:05 PM

Very interesting post, KyJon. One question, knowing that you are a bird hunter, too. Did you ever flinch when shooting at a game bird? Or, wasn't only on clay birds?
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery. by Ted Schefelbein @ 08/08/20 07:00 PM

Craig, Really glad to hear your boy is heading back to school. I suppose my brain needs to be retrained in the art of leaving both eyes open to shoot, but, the vision thing is troublesome. The difference between my eyes is almost to the point of fee
Jump to new posts Early Model 12 Win/ 16 ga Question (OT) by gil russell @ 08/08/20 06:54 PM

Early Model 12 16 ga (1916 chambered for 2 9/16" shells) with ejection port at 2.43". Is the only needed alteration most likely to be lengthening the port? I measured an early 12 ga (2 3/4" chamber) and that port is 2.612". So bot
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Boltman @ 08/08/20 06:53 PM

The .25-20 you refer to is still with me. I also bought the M1893 your refer to. It was a .25-36. It was neat to have the pair of them. Neat they were both in .25 caliber as well. However, I was never completely happy with the M1893 as the butts
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Vall @ 08/08/20 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BoltmanAbsolutely beautiful collection Vall! Stunning. And of course, you know I love that M1881 Marlin. This sure all makes for a great day at our gunshow today. By the way, that Marlin half SRC - what caliber? The half
Jump to new posts Re: Help with wood grade? by RARiddell @ 08/08/20 06:40 PM

Thanks guys, Im not too familiar with Brownings, some of their offerings has some very basic looking wood and was curious about this one!
Page 13 of 20 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.