September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
6 registered (Wild Skies, BrentD, SKB, Chad Linder, peevedoff, 1 invisible), 9 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13890 Members
10 Forums
34809 Topics
488190 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Primitive Loading Tools by GLS @ 09/22/20 07:50 AM

Can't help but think of Miller, the OP, who started this thread. He is missed. Last month I found this old French reloading balance beam scale sold by Manufrance. It is missing 3 weights which fit in holes depicted in the open drawer. The scale is
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Oschatz Polish shotgun by ellenbr @ 09/22/20 07:09 AM

Not the advert I as hoping, but a 1902 listing none the less: https://books.google.com/books?id=MZgwAA...tin&f=false Leopold Oschatz, Fr. Kühner Nachf., Gewehrfabrik, in Stettin Cheers, Raimey rse
Jump to new posts Re: Oschatz Polish shotgun by ellenbr @ 09/22/20 06:59 AM

Thanks Wolfgang so Oschatz acquired Kühne's business possibly in the late 1800s or circa 1900? My hope is to find a few adverts. But totally off the topic but along the lines of >>K<< mechanics, there were tonnes of Kührt mechanics in Z
Jump to new posts Re: POS Double Hammer Gun - It needs a Butt Stock! by Remington40x @ 09/22/20 06:52 AM

Gazz: My brother had one of the POS shotguns a number of years ago. Based upon his experience with it, you’ll be using a lot of parts from on gun to keep the other running. POS was a pretty accurate description of the quality. Rem
Jump to new posts Re: OShatz Polish shotgun by Gunwolf @ 09/22/20 05:11 AM

Raimey, Oschatz was the successor (Nachfolger) of Kühne. Cheers, Wolfgang
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Custom Surkamer Rifle by WJW @ 09/21/20 11:23 PM

Looks like a re-barreled Newton with some reshaping of the bolt handle and the stock.
Jump to new posts Re: Custom Surkamer Rifle by 375whelenIMP @ 09/21/20 11:18 PM

Thats a newton action, not mauser or springfield. The stock seems rather plain, good chance the oringal surkamer stock was replaced. its missing the rear sight and has been drill for scope mounts. The value would in my option be pretty limited becaus
Jump to new posts Re: Custom Surkamer Rifle by CharlieG @ 09/21/20 11:09 PM

Jump to new posts Re: Oschatz Polish shotgun by ellenbr @ 09/21/20 10:39 PM

Even the German gunmakers/outworkers of Weipert/Vejprty were expelled in 1945. All of the expulsion towns of course sourced the gunmaking centres of Suhl, Zella - Mehlis & Liège, where the Germans had been in control even prior to WWI. Cheer
Jump to new posts Re: Oschatz Polish shotgun by ellenbr @ 09/21/20 10:34 PM

Yugos really didn't expel the Germans but wadded them up in camps and staved them to death. Cheers, Raimey rse
Jump to new posts Re: Oschatz Polish shotgun by ellenbr @ 09/21/20 10:26 PM

It might be a F.W. Keßler variant? I'd have to look. Kebler or Klett tubes. I don't see any >>Nitro<< stamps. If so, it would date pre 1912. There were several Oschatz firearms merchant: one in Berlin-Potsdam that dates from 1863; o
Jump to new posts Re: I thought the board would want to know by Karl Graebner @ 09/21/20 10:23 PM

Stan, I've just returned from a week of grouse hunting and found the great news of your recovery posted. I thought of you while walking the Northern woods, hoping for your return. I'm thankful for your return here! Best wishes, Karl
Jump to new posts Re: Custom Surkamer Rifle by 375whelenIMP @ 09/21/20 09:56 PM

This is the right place but the members will need larger pictures.
Jump to new posts Re: Have 16, will travel. by ed good @ 09/21/20 09:48 PM

superb!
Jump to new posts Custom Surkamer Rifle by CharlieG @ 09/21/20 09:36 PM

Hi, I'm helping to settle the estate of a recently deceased friend and he had a rare antique gun in his collection. I am looking for more information on this particular firearm, including history, value and the best way to sell it. The firearm in
Jump to new posts Re: OShatz Polish shotgun by BrentD @ 09/21/20 08:07 PM

I have no idea what jagermeister was blabbering about and didn't give it a second thought then, or now. Some obscure agenda I suppose. I sold it because I was then, like now, still in the hunt for something else. I wanted 6 lbs or less and 28"
Jump to new posts Re: The First "Monte Carlo" stock? by Run With The Fox @ 09/21/20 07:24 PM

Looks a bit like the German "Schweinrucken" style- hog's back. Der Fuchs
============================================================================================ Veni, Vidi, Vici. Diggory just published the Reilly dating chart - It is not as up to date as the one on p.48, and has no colors which help differentiate it,
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Wards Westernfield Long Range Double Not Firing by 82nd Trooper @ 09/21/20 07:21 PM

Thanks builder I did check both firing pins and used snap caps to check the automatic ejector. I'll try with different ammo just to see the next time I'm at the range.
Jump to new posts Re: OShatz Polish shotgun by canvasback @ 09/21/20 06:10 PM

I thought I had made a post here this morning but apparently not. To start, on the old thread, that is definitely one of the more bizarre posts I've ever read from jagermeister. That's a really nice looking gun Brent. Especially the 6 pounds 6 oz
Jump to new posts Re: 1903 custom target on gunbroker by DanLH @ 09/21/20 05:40 PM

I too was interested until it got out of hand, maybe the 2 bidders thought it was one of the Springfield made '03s which used Winch, Rem and Pope barrels. But it is the wrong serial range for those, the DST triggers are not what Springfield used as t
Jump to new posts Re: Have 16, will travel. by Lloyd3 @ 09/21/20 05:38 PM

ed: I do actually have to remind myself of that reality every so-often here. My cell phone works most of the time now, as does my laptop, so the "real" world intrudes way-more than it used to. The only time it finally slips away and leaves
Page 15 of 15 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.