September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Who's Online
4 registered (SKB, bsteele, Perry M. Kissam, 1 invisible), 4 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13885 Members
10 Forums
34796 Topics
488043 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ Yesterday at 08:37 AM

Wolfgang - I assumed there were many as well. But it seems this Prince's Hat is specific to the Austro-Hungarian Empire and only certain lands within. The detail that narrows the possibilities further yet is the "R" initial, of course.
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Tips for Refurbishing Back action Hammergun by PALUNC @ Yesterday at 07:44 AM

Digory Hadoke's book Vintage Guns for the Modern Shot shows pictures of doing it
Jump to new posts Tips for Refurbishing Back action Hammergun by vam5067 @ Yesterday at 06:22 AM

Are there any YouTube videos for tearing down a back action hammergun? I do have a set of Chapman screwdrivers. Also, how can I clean the stock without removing finish? I wish I had ultrasonic cleaner for the metal furniture but that's out of the que
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Gunwolf @ Yesterday at 06:16 AM

I would agree to "Fürstenkrone" or "Fürstenhut": ...and there were a lot in Europe at that time.... Cheers, Wolfgang
Jump to new posts Re: E.M. Reilly; History; Chronology; Serial Numbers by Argo44 @ Yesterday at 01:01 AM

============================================================================================== 315 (277) Oxford Street - a multitude of Oxford Street buildings carrying that number A gentleman in UK, a very prominent member of the gun fraternity, ha
Jump to new posts Re: Do I understand this? by Researcher @ Yesterday at 12:13 AM

When I began reloading in the 1960s the dominant trap load was a Federal paper hull, Federal Primer, 23 grains of Red Dot, a nitro card, two Felton Blue Streaks and 1 1/8 ounce of shot. Then along came the little PGS (Plastic Gas Seal) from Alcan to
Jump to new posts Warning on new version of Thompson's Water Seal by John Roberts @ 09/23/20 11:49 PM

For a very long time, I've recommended here and on other forums the use of Thompson's Water Seal on oil-finished gunstocks for protection afield from wet conditions. No more. The product I had been using was an older can of the solvent-based version,
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by Steve Helsley @ 09/23/20 11:10 PM

The cartridge is too long for an inerta puller? Well color me 'surprised' again. But come to think of it - I said that in my original post. The cartridge in question is 'rare' if you live in the American cartridge world. Otherwise, it's anything but
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ 09/23/20 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: ShotgunjonesYou might consider just cutting the case with a tubing cutter below the neck. Then you can get the powder out and proceed with your bulletectomy via the Dremel wheel. If you desire to measure this to the thou, are
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by prairie ghost @ 09/23/20 10:47 PM

You might consider posting over on Nitro Express.com as well. A wealth of info and very experienced double rifle shooters frequent that site. Graham Wright's books may shed some light on the subject.
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by Shotgunjones @ 09/23/20 10:25 PM

You might consider just cutting the case with a tubing cutter below the neck. Then you can get the powder out and proceed with your bulletectomy via the Dremel wheel. If you desire to measure this to the thou, are you concerned about pulling the bu
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ 09/23/20 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: WBLDonOne approach is to use a Dremel cutting wheel to slightly weaken the brass, so that it can be pulled back in strips or petals. Might want to think twice about taking a dremel cutting wheel to a loaded cartridge, especiall
Jump to new posts Re: Do I understand this? by Replacement @ 09/23/20 10:10 PM

I used to load a lot of Federal paper hulls in the late 60s, using a Lyman EasyLoader and a Lyman manual. Recipe used fiber wads, but I don't remember anything except Federal paper and Red Dot. Manual was probably circa 1966. Might find one on eBa
Jump to new posts Re: Repair on an 1886 Scott Climax Action by Argo44 @ 09/23/20 10:03 PM

I drove down today and dropped the 16 bore off at Gunter's - in the middle of no-where. Impressive fellow; fun to talk to; knows his stuff. Found a couple of other things to check (ejector problem in right barrel and stiff back trigger pull. Before
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by WBLDon @ 09/23/20 09:44 PM

One approach is to use a Dremel cutting wheel to slightly weaken the brass, so that it can be pulled back in strips or petals. Might want to think twice about taking a dremel cutting wheel to a loaded cartridge, especially one loaded with black powd
Jump to new posts Re: W. Foerster Double Rifle in 9.5x47R by Ian (WI) @ 09/23/20 09:40 PM

Fuhrmann - I think so too. The Archducal Coronet is similar to the Prince's Hat but there are subtle differences. Looking at an enlarged version of the image on this gun sure looks like the Prince's Hat to me.
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by bczrx @ 09/23/20 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted SchefelbeinWhat Dustin said. I can’t help but notice that nobody here ever asks if they should run straight, non detergent 30W turn of the century vintage oil in their modern 2 stroke engines. Or, straight non detergent 30
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ 09/23/20 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: KDGJWhat are you trying to find out by taking the loaded round apart? The 450/400 3 1/4" was fairly common. Ken Hi Ken. So far, all of my research has resulted in me thinking the opposite; that the 450/400 3-1/4" was
Jump to new posts Re: Thieme & Schlegelmilch Nimrod by Jtplumb @ 09/23/20 08:05 PM

I like them but have only handled them. Never owned one. Never seen one loose or with a cracked stock either. There is an extremely nice one that has been restored( by a well known maker) that is for sale, 16ga 29” barrels almost Bulino style game sc
Jump to new posts Re: The pinfire game gun by graybeardtmm3 @ 09/23/20 08:03 PM

a great deal of human behavior can be explained and best understood by referencing habits...or as i like to state it...inertia. down south there is a folk saying...that marks a person's expression when confronted with something new..."like a ca
Jump to new posts Re: Dis-assembling antique collectible cartridge by pamtnman @ 09/23/20 08:00 PM

Wow, you guys are FANTASTIC, thank you! The inertia hammer bullet puller I have is too small to handle this big round. Danged shame, too. I feel comfortable pulling bullets from black powder cases, gently. Steve, you have already advised me on loadi
Jump to new posts Re: Collath combo by VagabondJager @ 09/23/20 07:59 PM

Here are the images. I ordered the German gun collectors publication on the Collath guns so I'm waiting for that to show up in the mail. I think I picked out the two best guns from the estate. https://ibb.co/6m1ghJx https://ibb.co/txCsBTC
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2020 Hunting Season by Mark Larson @ 09/23/20 07:31 PM

I finished working on my H&H 16, and took her out Monday for a spin, with her first shots on birds, resulting in two stoned roosters. Very happy.
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Game/Gun Picture - 2020 Hunting Season by Mark Larson @ 09/23/20 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By: RubberheadI have hunted ducks with a double of one sort or another since 1985. But, I was given a gun with a lot of family history, a 1956 Sweet Sixteen, and used it some for duck hunting. It just seems that an Auto-5 is the q
Jump to new posts Re: 3 in 1 Oil by Replacement @ 09/23/20 07:20 PM

I am a good curator, as my guns would indicate. There are better products than 3-in-1 and vaseline, but those work if you keep up with your maintenance. I also like Mobil one and CLP, and a lot of things in between.
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.