August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (RARiddell, peevedoff, salopian), 9 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
13862 Members
10 Forums
34629 Topics
485304 Posts

Max Online: 462 @ 08/05/16 09:13 PM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
DIY Gunsmithing @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Bluing Removal by SamW @ 08/10/20 02:36 PM

Naval Jelly (Phosphoric) works on hot dip and the various rust blues equally. Here is an example...rust blued butt plate with bluing removed from scene. I applied Naval Jelly 3 times, washing with hot water between and then gave the scene 2 coats of
DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Discovery. by Lloyd3 @ 08/10/20 01:56 PM

Keep working it Ted, Grousemas is almost upon us. I have always struggled with the left-handed/right-eye dominant thing until....lazer eye surgery in 2001 when I went from 20/400 to 20/15. I threw away my glasses and never looked back. I have also no
Jump to new posts Re: Bluing Removal by Woodreaux @ 08/10/20 01:48 PM

Looks like the BC remover is a mixture of acids according to the SDS. As far as I can tell, all rust removers are either acid (vinegar, etc) or chelators (like evapo-rust). If I'm understanding the posts here correctly, there is nothing to say th
Double Rifles, Paradox Guns & Gauge Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Heads up - Fanzoi Double Rifle at Auction by Tom Bryant @ 08/10/20 01:45 PM

Just saw a Fanzoi side lock double rifle on Proxibid - Joe Pyle August 13 auction - lot number 104022. It’s chambered in .458 Win. Mag. Not my favorite, and it doesn’t clarify whether a Ricard or Josef Fanzoi, but either is exceptional quality. Righ
Jump to new posts Re: Help with wood grade? by bbman3 @ 08/10/20 01:39 PM

Back in the day you could order knockout grade wood from Browning for just a few bucks. Bobby
Jump to new posts Re: The pinfire game gun by Steve Nash @ 08/10/20 01:21 PM

OK, time to keep the thread going. Gunmaking was not a business conducted in isolation, and it is not surprising that gunmakers often knew each other and knew of each others’ work. In the early years of the breech-loader, a prospective maker would l
Jump to new posts Re: Flinch by Drew Hause @ 08/10/20 12:54 PM

Brittany guy's example "I was unable to let go" is the dystonic reaction with throwing; a baseball, cricket ball or dart, and also archer's "target panic". Tamid: A recoil/noise/sonic concussion anticipation “flinch” is an avoida
Jump to new posts Re: Flinch by Drew Hause @ 08/10/20 12:47 PM

Thanks for sharing Mike. The story of Markelle Fultz illustrates the multi-factorial aspect of "yips", which can be precipitated by an injury https://www.trapshooters.com/threads/another-yips-victim.818779/ He was finally diagnosed with Th
Jump to new posts Re: Bluing Removal by 82nd Trooper @ 08/10/20 12:26 PM

I have used Birchwood Casey blue and rust remover in the past. Is there a metal or finish where previous shared methods would be better than the BC option?
Classic & Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: virtual gun show by Vall @ 08/10/20 12:13 PM

Boltman, Yes, I ignored it for 3 days, but so did all the other single shot guys at Denver. Many of them I know personally and later told me they thought the same thing; it was too ugly to even look at. But old guns by famous barrel makers need to
Jump to new posts Re: Seeking 450/400 3-1/4" dies by Remington40x @ 08/10/20 12:04 PM

Did you try posting this on Nitroexpress.com? Those boys are focused on the big boomers and you might have better luck there.
DoubleGuns For Sale @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: For Sale - Custom Martini Cadet .25-20 by Remington40x @ 08/10/20 11:58 AM

Mike: I measured the twist rate this morning. I got 1:14. I'm pretty sure it would do quite well with those 75 grain HPs. Paul
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Info on German 16ga ejector gun by Jtplumb @ 08/10/20 11:20 AM

Will do. So what’s the story on unmarked German guns with lots of bells and whistles. Most of what other people call guild guns are usually plain models from what I have ran across? Odd gun
Jump to new posts Re: Help with wood grade? by craigd @ 08/10/20 11:12 AM

Only a buyer can determine how they value the figure on that, or any, stock, but a seller is not likely to describe it as plain. If the criterion was only quantity, not quality, a seller would have a case. Just pointing out that there are two competi
Jump to new posts Re: Ammo shortage? by craigd @ 08/10/20 11:01 AM

The manufacturers are reported to be cranking out all they can. It seems to be more of a run than supply shortage.
Jump to new posts Re: Ammo shortage? by craigd @ 08/10/20 11:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3Speaking of black powder, all I've seen lately is the Pyrodex varient. Is anybody still making black? I know it's considered a high explosive now and is regulated differently. Black powder seems available and able to ship
Jump to new posts Re: Ammo shortage? by PALUNC @ 08/10/20 10:50 AM

Just wondering if all this is due to Covid 19 and factories being shut down or is it much more to this.
Jump to new posts Re: Ammo shortage? by craigd @ 08/10/20 10:50 AM

I consider myself lucky in retrospect to have picked up a good supply of ammo and components last fall and early this year. The prices on many of those items were really outstanding, so it was easy. I know several people with impressive stashes, bu
Jump to new posts Re: Ammo shortage? by Lloyd3 @ 08/10/20 10:49 AM

Speaking of black powder, all I've seen lately is the Pyrodex varient. Is anybody still making black? I know it's considered a high explosive now and is regulated differently.
Jump to new posts Re: Ammo shortage? by James Flynn @ 08/10/20 09:53 AM

Mike, I enjoy shooting my pistols weekly so I must constantly search for components as I also like to load my own ammunition. I cast bullets for many different calibers but prefer to buy commercially produced bullets, especially Berry's or other co
Jump to new posts Re: Help with wood grade? by L. Brown @ 08/10/20 09:51 AM

Wood grading is pretty darned subjective. About the only thing I'd say is that I'd never pay for a wood upgrade when ordering a gun without seeing samples of what typical standard grade and typical upgraded wood look like. If and when it comes time
Jump to new posts Re: Ammo shortage? by Chantry @ 08/10/20 09:48 AM

The primer and ammo shortage seems to be nationwide. Both retail and online suppliers are out of stock on most of the common calibers except for the high end self defense, hunting or match ammo. I expect the ammo & primer shortage to continue un
German & Austrian Sporting Guns @ doublegunshop.com
Jump to new posts Re: Info on German 16ga ejector gun by ellenbr @ 08/10/20 09:26 AM

If I were you, I'd send some images to engraver & historian Hendrik Frühauf in Suhl as it is novel enough to possibly grab his attention. If anyone would know, he would. Cheers, Raimey rse
Jump to new posts Re: Help with wood grade? by KY Jon @ 08/10/20 09:07 AM

I see that as a A grade with a borderline AA side on one side. Better than a utility grade blank but just the next step up. The world is full of too many one sided blanks. Fellow selling wood made the remark that he often comes across blanks which
Jump to new posts Re: Help with wood grade? by bbman3 @ 08/10/20 08:46 AM

A grade. Bobby
Page 8 of 20 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20 >

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2019 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.