April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (griz, SKB, KDGJ, coosa, 2 invisible), 238 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,052
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have personally witnessed the selective removal of my posts, I am guessing the same thing has happened with some of you. No different then Facebook and Twitter removing President Trumps post on COVID 19 while allowing others to make posts calling for destruction of the USA.
My recent posting on this site asking for information on a very unusually marked Francotte SXS was met with the not surprising trash talk from The Village Idiot.

Surprising was the removal of my response after several days, yet no censoring of the nasty remarks made by the VI.

I would like to understand who the moderators are on this forum? This might explain a lot, and possibly explain the bias.

Now after a nice posting by a friend I had not seen in awhile. This positive post gets the complete posting removed.

If this is not stalking and selective censorship I do not know what it is.

The good news I kept a copy of the posting so occasionally I can provide a blast from the past. When deemed necessary.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe we are guests in someone elses house. While I am not familiar with what you have brought up, I sense your convictions are in the right place, which of course means zilch.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I think the Francotte thread containing the prolonged melt down by your BFF and the back and forth between Ted and NCA225 has been removed.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

LOL yes you are correct SKB. Luckily the other posting that was so graciously started by Mr Beach is still there and provided so much information. A big thanks to all that so professionally contributed.

The original thread was removed which in itself was not any issue. I just found it quite interesting that the post went 13 pages and as far as I could tell only my responses were removed until today when the posting was killed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ghostrider, We've known where the sympathies of the moderator lye for a long while now. You'll find that a certain few get an heightened level of protection, the 'village idiot" and cadre mostly.

Yet still its best to shine a light on them, even if the moderator eventually is going to cut the power.

Last edited by nca225; 08/09/20 02:58 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kinda shocking to me that George's innocuous thread about the NRA got locked after 4 posts and no abuse and the Francotte thread was allowed to go on for so long, being a great example of what is wrong with this site.
Quote:
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy,

Defamatory, abusive, inaccurate, vulgar, hateful, obscene, profane, threatening, sexually orientated etc.....did that thread miss any?

So I too would like to hear what the guidelines are for having posts deleted, threads locked and entire threads deleted. I can't make heads nor tails of it but I don't think it is as simple as a few favorites get a pass.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/09/20 04:43 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

homelessjOe's trump 2020 post was quickly eliminated as well. And I didn't even get involved in that one. Perhaps for the best...

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is no selective removal...The entire thing was deleted.

I happened to be out of the loop a couple three days moving my last kid to her fist apartment. I returned home to find several complaint emails pointing to the thread that was terminated.

The BBS software has no provision for quickly deleting crap from within threads. I have to read every post and then sequentially delete the ones that are obvious crap. Typically, I only do this if I get multiple complaints or the thread is outside the scope of the BBS...Based on my subjective opinion.

Frankly, I dont have time to look back of 13 pages of a couple grown men acting like idiots. I apologize for removing good stuff but I just cant spend a hour sorting through all the posts.

Also...If any one cares to know my feelings on President Trump.... I stand with the president and anyone else who stands against the liberal left and the swampland bureaucrats who have exploited our system of government.

Trump gets my vote over the establishment and the democrats (communists) all day...every day. Hes not perfect...neither am I.

I do know he puts America first which is polar opposite the democrats and their propaganda arm (mainstream media).

Removing the post had nothing to do with censoring Trump or any specific forum member...it was removed because grown men acting like children ruined a good thread about fine guns.

BTW - This thread is now locked as I do not wish to entertain a response from those I may have offended.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.