Oscar, when it comes to blue quail and gambles all of the old rules go out the window. Anything is fair and square, even dynamite! If they dont play fair you dont either. Growing up on our ranch in the 50s blues were super abundant and as kids wed just run the old pickup through the brush until we forced the covey to fly and then go after singles, which often would hold well. But we didnt have dogs so it was fairly common to ground sluice the birds. Amazing how hard it is to kill them on the ground! We tore up more ranch equipment doing this than most junk yards had. An alternative for you is to learn to run faster.....a lot faster....

Now I guess the statute of limitations has run out so I can tell this one on we kids. Mother liked quail that did t have shot in them so we two boys (in the 50s) would often set out quail traps and wouldnt take long to have enough blues to feed an army. Ever so often wed go to a trap with a shotgun. Reach in, grab a bird, and the shooter would call pull. As I said earlier, with blue quail there aint no rules.