I would like to add that many plastic storage containers are made of certain plastics that will allow solvents to escape at the molecular level making what you put in them to thicken over time. Also I do like to keep things in their original container if at all possible because you never know when you may need the health and safety information on the packaging. My method of keeping things especially paints and other items containing solvents is to remove Oxygen from the container and making sure the container closure is in good condition. In the photograph is a very low cost tin of Butane gas specifically for refilling gas lighters. By using one of the many adapters that come with the gas a bottle top and a short length of tubing and ingenuity you can come up with this simple air displacer. Butane is flammable but just as flammable as the many solvents used in the products, before closing the lid or top of the container I give a quick burst of gas to remove the air. I have found that doing this simple step things stay in usable condition for many years.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]