The "dull, grey, case-colored finish" that Olgrouser refers to is very likely to be what remains after 120-years (115 in this case) of service. The much-harder blued components remain very much as they were, but the case-hardened metal has worn and softened to a dull silver, with hints of color remaining in the deeper parts of the engraving and perhaps some of the more-protected metal under the forend. I have come to expect it, especially on a workhorse such as this gun. You can have a gun like this refinished by re-case coloring and rebluing the furniture, but why? When I see a gun like this one redone in that fashion (tarted-up?), I immediately wonder if there were issues that are being concealed. Even with proper care over the years, good, honest wear is to be expected and even...appreciated.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Note the absence of drop points and intercepting sear pins on this gun, and only 5 years "newer" than your Evans. Most likely evidence of this Birmingham sourced W. Richards being considered a "good" gun at the time, with the London-sourced Evans being a "best" gun.