Originally Posted by Bluestem
Others on this board knew Mike better, but I always enjoyed shooting and talking with him during the years of the Nebraska Flatwater shoot. I can picture him making self-deprecating jokes after hitting nothing but sky at a sporting clays station, tending the steaks on the grill later that evening, and having rousing discussions ranging from 1970's motocross bikes to theology. That is how I will choose to remember him.

That is where I first met "Tiny". Who could ever forget the canon set off by the Chaplain from Texas?!

Really don't have words to do Mike justice.

Yes I choose to remember him the same way as you. And he was way too young to be passing but none of us are promised Today let alone Tomorrow. He would be the first to tell you that. Wish I could still tell him it doesn't make it any easier for those of us that knew him.

Few years ago was honored to grill some prime grade ribeye steaks for him and brother canvasback while they were grouse hunting on the North Shore of Lake Superior. They came over to the cabin and to say it was a great time was an understatement.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

It was an honor doing it for him knowing how much work he had put into all the grilling steaks at Flatwater. He was a true servant and man of God. He was humble and by his humbleness and leadership by example made me humble to be around him.