Hey all, a bit off topic, but why not. Friday was our Deer Gun Opener at noon. My son Jim and I went up to where we've been hunting for deer the last several years. Did not disappoint. We hit a small slough bottom and jumped two out of it. I shot mine at 1:30 and Jim shot his, but only nicked her. He shot again but missed. Come to find out this stock separated from part of the action, so it shot well off of his point of aim. We went after her with Jim using my rifle and he managed to get her with one shot when we jumped her again. So, Jim was done at 2:30.

My daughter Liz came up that night with her boyfriend Travis. She had plenty of opportunities on Saturday and today, but didn't connect with any. This was the only weekend she can hunt, so she didn't fill her tag, poor kid.

Weather was really nice, too nice in the 50's and lower 60's, low winds, sure was nice to be out with my son and daughter and of course her boyfriend.

I used my Savage Model 11 Lightweight Hunter in 7mm-08 topped with a 1.75x5 Redfield Wideveiw scope. My deer was not the biggest, nothing special, but okay

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Jim's deer was bigger. You can see where he hit her with his rifle (before using mine) on the Does belly.

Travis and my daughter Liz

Best,

Greg