Hello, Carl.
Welcome to the site. I can’t tell you much about the name on your gun, but, I can tell you that the gun itself is the first 1984 Darne R model patent. In 1909, Regis Darne patented several new Darne models, including an improved version of the R model. In a very clever marketing move, the older model R was available alongside the new model, and, sold out the back door to numerous builders as an in the white, barreled and proofed action, that would be finished, stocked and sold. There was nothing in particular wrong with the first 1894 patent action, and the improvements were actually debatable. All of them would have sold for less money than the new 1909 patent Darne action, assuming the same grade.
Your gun is unique in that it is actually a monobloc barrel gun, it is unusual to see that on the old patent guns, but, perhaps it was cataloged and ordered for a customer that way. I would have your gunsmith measure the chambers, bore and chokes so you have an idea what you have, and go from there. The load you use will depend on what you are hunting with it, and how long the chambers are. Sometimes you will find old doubles with seriously pitted bores, again, your gunsmith will guide you as to how you should approach using the gun if that is the case.
It is a lovely old gun, likely produced between the wars, and should make a nice hunting implement for birds.

Best,
Ted