A 2” 12 does nothing a 2 1/2” 16 or 20 won’t do just as well or better. I had one, 2” 12, which was a joy to carry. But a 2 1/2” 20 is just as much a joy to carry and easier to load for. I ended up selling my 2” 12 because it ended up filling a slot which multiple other guns did just as well or better. I had 16 and 20 with the same weight, same or heavier payload and which patterned just as well. Mine was choked IM in both barrels and had very nice patterns but nothing magical anymore than the 28 is a magical gauge. Hype is not hope.

Seems like one maker made them for 90% of the trade, so name means very little. Do be aware that to get the weight down they were struck very thin and often are even thinner than you might be comfortable shooting. Do not buy one without carefully measuring the barrels.

Some of the 2” factory shells are loaded so hot, they rattle your fillings. I loaded Federal Paper hulls with 15/16 shot and it was a joy to shoot. Then again I love paper hulls in all doubles.

If you find one you like buy it and scratch that itch. I lusted for a SuperBrite O/U for 20 years until I found one. Shot it so poorly that if I used it to shoot myself it would require two extra shells to finish the job. It was totally cool and I was satisfied having shot it for the time I owned it but like selling a boat, I shed no tears after it left. Buy right to sell painlessly later.