My home is about 2 miles from one of the most prolific, and popular, walley fisheries in the world.

This topic is one that probably starts with local kids in kindergarten.

Every state draws the lines differently on possession of fish and game.

Some states allow for subsistence living, so you can shoot game and share it with the other members of your community. Some states draw the line at processing. So if something has been processed for storage, it doesn’t count against your possession limit.

Some states take an even stricter view which says that if they can identify the pieces as parts of an animal, it counts against your personal possession limit. So they might thaw a bag of fish just to see how many bluegill fillets are in the bag. (Limit 75 in pos)

The reason for these things is he has to protect the resource, but also see to it that sportsman don’t monetize wild Fish and game held in public trust.

And let me tell you, with all of the retirees around where I live, people could pay for home additions by selling off their walleye and perch fillets.

The limit is 8 per day, if you decide to take two limits a day, four days a week, when they’re in the river, you can catch them literally in the tons.

CheckingFreezer contents is pretty standard operating procedure around here.

You can give them to your wife without telling her. You can give them to your kids without telling them. So at 24 fish, 48 fillets, per resident of the household, you can have all kinds of fish in your freezer without breaking the law. You can chop them into pieces and can them like tuna, and store God knows how many, and because their form has been changed, you would probably never be challenged.

Just don’t monetize it.

Montana is different on this matter than MI.

As I recall, I want to say a case was prosecuted that clarified what the status of the game was that was stored in a camper. Where the owner of the camper was claiming that the camper was his domicile, and anything stored within it met the rendered to possession/storage legal requirements.

I think they lost.