Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Thanks, fellows. I'm interested in an 1875 No. 3 2nd Model Top-Break Schofield, with 7" barrel and chambered in .45 Colt. Uberti has one they call the "Hardin", after John Wesley Hardin who used one in a shootout with Deputy Webb in TX, in the 1870s. It has blued cylinder and barrel, casehardened action and sights, and simulated buffalo horn grips. Pretty gun.

I appreciate the information. I'll probably try to put my hands on one, if that's possible, before "pulling the trigger".

https://www.uberti-usa.com/outlaws-and-lawmen-revolvers

I'm cowboy shooter. Not familiar with the Uberti Schofield, but I also don't recall hearing anything bad about them. I will note that modern production Schofields, either Uberti or out of production S&W don't do well with black powder. From what I remember it is a design flaw and has nothing to do with the Uberti or S&W copies. With BP they start to bind up after 30 rounds or so.

I currently have a Uberti 1873 rifle and a pair of 1851 Richards - Mason revolvers in .38 Special and the fit & finish is pretty good and I've only had minor issues with the revolvers: a firing pin had to be filed down slightly and the loading gate ring loosened up and would rotate slightly, but that is not something that would affect the Schofield.