Well, reading of the heretofore uniformly dissatisfied customer experiences with CSMC's guns makes me feel like I musta won a gun quality lottery. I bought my RBL 16 when they were first made and have been happily shooting pheasants and prairie grouse with it ever since. Not a high volume test, I've only shot a few hundred targets with it, but no cosmetic nor operating issues in quite a few years. (I'm not gonna count them up, I feel old enough already.)

I felt lucky with this gun from the outset. Though I wanted to specify a higher and straighter than "standard" comb, they didn't offer this. Turned out my gun came with 1-1/8" DAC and 1-7/8" DAH -- perfect for me. Yeah, someone else taking delivery of this gun could have found reason for complaint in those dimensions, but not me. Even the chambers are well and uniformly honed. I suppose their resale value has suffered from all the complaints ... so good thing I'm happy to keep shooting it -- at least until something inevitably goes wrong. smile

Hey Chief, I seem to remember some long ago talk with you here about you getting a 16 ga. RBL that weighed well under 6.5 lbs. Did that gun turn bad for you too?

Jay