File this under “for what it’s worth”.

Whatever remained of the company that built Darne shotguns in France, has been sold to a new owner. Surprisingly, I have been told he is a young gunmaker, by the name of Mornet Ronan.I do not know this man, but, people I do know, that I hold in high esteem, do. His work, in repair, and building the guns is said to be exemplary, and he was an independent gunsmith/gunmaker prior to owning the company, and turned out finished, in the white actions, supplied to him by the company to be sold as Darne built guns. I am told he is mercurial, and almost completely unconnected to the World Wide Web, checking in briefly, or seldom, and not terribly concerned about following up. Another contact, a relocated Frenchman, put it this way-he is “a very typical French gunmaker, that is about the best I can say, and that isn’t saying much”.

Dude is honest, anyway. Mirrors my experience.

At any rate, this is the contact information I have.

ronan.mornet@laposte.net

Perhaps this will help someone out, here. If you are interested in historical info or date of build guesses, or translating proof marks, you will do better, right here on Mr. Weber’s site.

The world is changing.

Best,
Ted