I put this on another forum so some of you may have seen it there, but I think there are a few more people over here on this site that appreciate these old rifles so thought I'd put it here as well.

Another by one of the more lesser known smiths John Hutton. His 15 Minutes of fame was being pictured on the cover of the January 1939 issue of the American Rifleman. Hutton worked for Griffin and Howe for some time, then for Whelens national Target and Supply. There is a thread herethat has a really neat shortened model 70 in Hornet that was also done by Hutton.

The below rifle was built on a NRA sporter barreled action. It has a Noske scope in Neidner mount. Engraving is not signed, but several who know engraving much better than I have opined that it is Kornbrath, but you know how that is. If he cut all the engraving he was credited with, he was one busy man.
Much of the Hutton work I have seen, which admittedly is not a lot, has been very similar. This rifles does have a Schnabel forend which is the only one I have seen with that feature, but other than that and the checkering is very similar to other Hutton rifles. Speaking of the checkering, it is about the only thing I don't really care for on this rifle. If I were the customer I would have specified Hutton's usual point pattern.

I do not have a picture of it, but all the Hutton rifles have his name stamped in the inletting. This one is on the flat behind the recoil lug.

Michael Petrov has a chapter on Hutton in the second volume of his book. If you look at the pictures of his rifle you can see the similarity in styling to the one below.

Regards,
John
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]