Originally Posted by KY Jon
Clothes are no longer made in the USA. Years ago, there was a clothing manufacture located in Cambridge MD, who made a lot of clothes for LLBean and other name brands. I loved stopping by their outlet store. The ladies there could tell you what was on the production schedule for the next month and would set aside things for your return. I bought many a pair of khaki pants for $ 5&10 when they retailed for $30-35, heavy weight shirts were $10 and under. Sadly that plant is long gone and most of my well worn apparel as well. My middle son decided he liked my LLBean stuff when he grew into my size so he still might have a few items. But todays clothes are not made to the heavy weight or quality standards that those item were made to. Sad but imported stuff is too often junk with buttons which seem to come off after just a few washings.

I was, among other things, in the footwear business starting in 1976 and had a ringside seat to watch the New England footwear manufacturing industry collapse over the next 25 years. Just the way the clothing industry did. Consumers made their choice, deciding that fast fashion and price were more important than quality. It's sad, in a way, but I get a kick out of those same consumers decrying the lack of choice, the lack of quality and the lack of domestic production now. They got exactly what they demanded through their choices at the cash register. There are always consequences to one's actions.