Originally Posted by dirty harry
With all kidding aside, the B-SS IS the Best Made Double out their Bar None!

While I have been served pretty well by the two 12 ga. BSS guns I have owned, and have shot the latter of them with heavy duck loads and many target loads for a considerable time (since 2010), I would have to say that your above statement is being overly generous. I have experienced a few problems with mine. The first was that when I bought the gun I now own I found that occasionally the right barrel would not recock upon opening the action completely. I don't think it needed any parts, but an "adjustment" was needed internally. The same gun now has another minor issue. When shooting a round of 100 clays I have to repeatedly press an action pin (axle) back into place, where it works itself out of the right side of the action. I've never experienced these two issues on any other double I've ever owned. I have also shot this gun off face, on the right barrel. Without a shim you can see daylight between the barrel and the breech. A .003" shim takes care of it and puts it back on face just fine. The hook on a BSS cannot be welded and refitted because of an alloy solder that was used in building them, and I really don't care to spend the $$$ to have the pin replaced at this point.

I like the gun, as far as contemporary doubles go, but it is not without weaknesses.