Well Stanton sorry to disappoint all the leather on the case body is the original one hundred and fifty year old leather covering. There are five pieces of new leather all connected with the handle, if you look at the photographs from my original posting found and posted by KY JON you will see that the handle has no end loops for the D rings this meant that the handle had to be striped down basics to have two new inner handle loops together with the handle top and bottom coverings making the outer loops at each end of the handle. Also the left case handle D ring loop can be seen to be broken. I would not go to the trouble of re covering a case if it is at all possible to keep things original because a full re cover takes away an items history and life's passage marks. On one of the original post photographs there is one of the finished case top showing all the ware and tear cut and dent marks that it has accumulated in its life. The one good thing I have found when asked to repair cases of this age is that the leather thickness is about 3/8" so having a lot going for it if you want to restore. I must admit that the photographs of the finished case does put a rather smooth and sleek surface finish though the colour black does not give any depth to the marks because there are no reflected shadows, I will assure you in the flesh the case will leave you in no doubt of its age though looking very much looked after.