Perhaps not quite as elegant, but during the Covid lockdown I treated my self to a "brand-new" 16 bore Webley single Model 100, made in 1964 and never used. It is described as 'semi-hammerless', and has a normal top lever with a very discrete hammer spur where the safety catch would be. It is as fast to cock the hammer as to take off a safety catch. This model was first sold in 1909.

The barrel is 30 inches long, full choke and does nor have a bead fitted for some reason. I am having one fitted as we speak. It weighs 6 lbs 6 oz. and handles like an over/under, smashing clays well despite the full choke. It has a 2.75" chamber and a powerful ejector - it is easy to carry a second cartridge between the fingers on one's left hand.

It has wonderful original case hardening, which is the main reason I bought it. I have some photos if anyone would like to post them for me. It cost me £120 or in your dollars $160 or so - cheap thrills, really. I intend to carry it on a late-season pheasant shoot day around Christmas time.

Historic Bore