Trail cams are useful for all sorts of things. That are lockable, so they can be locked to a tree. If someone wants to steal it badly enough they can, with the help of an oxygen-acetylene setup, a chain saw, or a rechargeable side cutter/grinder. But, they can be hidden so well that a crook would almost never see them anyway. I've used them for keeping loggers honest when they report the number of loads they hauled off my place, security around remote sites, even trying to determine what time an armadillo was tearing up my lawn at night. My friend put a thief in prison, with the help of one, who broke into his Mom's house and stole the air conditioner.

Dbh1956, those gopher tortoises are unique creatures. They live in a certain habitat that exists in areas near me, and I have "run into" them occasionally over the years. I once picked a tick off a big tortoise's nose, which it obviously could not get off itself. It was interesting trying to hold that big sucker still with one hand, sitting straddling it's back, while trying to get that tick off without getting bitten. Very interesting creatures that live in a unique habitat with some other rare species. Panthers are "caught" on camera around here too, and not rarely.