Not sure if anyone has an true interest but there are always sidebar conversations ongoing & I thought this W. Foerster to be of interest as the frame is Austrian, tubes are Belgian and proofs are German and then sold in Berlin. I guess no different than today and all about the Benjamins......

[Linked Image from thumbs2.imgbox.com]

These pattern welded tubes were of course imported in the rough from the talented mechanics Liège, Belgium by Samuel Buckley & Company, who were for the most part importer / exporter and had an office in Liège, Belgium. They had to have an office in Germany too. Then the tubes were completed by Büchsenmacher Emil Barthelmes of Zella Sankt Blasii. My guess would be the W. Foerster sourced a gesteck / parts kit from Ferlach, Austria & the tubes from Liège, Belguim, then had Emil Barthelmes finish everything, send it thru the Zella-Mehlis proof facility & ship it to him. Just like the Liège mechanics, the Zella - Mehlis mechanics were looked down up by the Suhl gunmaking centre & the Z-M mechanics always worked for cheaper rates like the Liège mechanics. So a Berlin retailer like Förster would source the kits, then have it built in Z-M to pad his bottom $(dollar). The longarm was subjected to an additional voluntary proof, which looks to be pretty stout, and an additional fee was paid for the voluntary proof. Maybe Dr. Hause can perform the powder Calculus on it?

Serbus,

Raimey
rse