Originally Posted by Shotgunjones
An inertia gun requires less maintenance than any gas gun, provided you don't try to feed them Kent steel shells which would likely induce a failure in any shotgun ever made.

That has just not been my experience at all. My old 390 will just go, and go and go. Without cleaning if necessary. It is the only autoloader I've ever bought, and when I did I asked about cleaning it. I was told "You know how, when you hold it up and turn it from end to end, you hear something that sounds like it slides and stops with a ping? When it doesn't do that anymore it might be time for a cleaning." That was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but fairly accurate. I was duck hunting with it in the Bayou Meto one morning and got sick. I headed for the boat, some 60-80 yds. away, and passed out and fell face forwards into the crotch deep water. My 390 was being held in both hands and went under, and down into the silt and muck on the bottom. The cold water woke me and I got up and made my way to the boat where I eventually recovered from my brief sickness. The action was frozen shut. I poured mud, water, leaves and silt out of the barrel, checked it, worked the action a few times, and went back to killing ducks. It never failed to cycle one time. Later that day it got a complete strip, clean and lube. Even the action spring had trash in it.

I have seen too many Benellis fail to cycle on a round of clays to agree with your statement. And BTW, my old Super X2, that I won in a sporting clays tournament, would shoot a round (100) of Kent Estates without any attention at all. JMEYMMV.