I am contemplating booking a short weekend bird hunting trip for my birthday in Mid-November and would like some suggestions on what I could do. The last couple years I have shot pen-raised chukar in N. Georgia, but that "experience" really doesn't do it for me anymore. I would love to have a shot at some actual wild birds, whether that be grouse, chukar, etc. My thoughts may be off base, but that is why I am asking the veteran hunters on here for some insight.

What I was thinking is, I would like to do is fly somewhere like Denver, the UP, Maine or something. Do a day of bird hunting or an afternoon morning hunt and overnight at a lodge. Budget would be a couple thousand dollars, which seems like it could cover a day of hunting and some flights. I am in Atlanta, so very centrally located and have great flight options.

I remember looking at UP outfitters a couple of years ago and they seemed really affordable. Not sure what the drive would be like from the closest regional airport though.

Would love to bring my own gun, but probably not worth the hassle of sorting that and 2.5 inch ammo for such a short trip. Also, it would be just me so no double accommodations to spread costs.

Any thoughts or is this a pipe dream?

Thanks,

Dan