Originally Posted by eightbore
Just as a piece of Parker information, a #1 frame and a #0 frame Parker 16 or 20 does not always mean a "significant" weight difference or even any difference at all. I have 20 and 16, 0 frame and 1 frame, 26" and 28" Parkers, and they all weigh within 4 ounces of each other and the long barrels are not neccesarily heavier than the short barrels, and the #1 frame guns are not neccesarily heavier than the #0 frames. Each gun is an individual and no general statement can be made to cover all examples.

That's interesting. How do you get barrels of the same length (or even longer) but a larger gauge on a smaller frame to weigh as much or more than barrels of the same length but a smaller gauge? How can those larger barrels be made to fit on a smaller frame? The answer is less metal around larger holes. Which pretty much has to reduce weight . . . all else being equal. Unless maybe there's a really significant difference in the weight of the wood? The best example would be Repros with 16ga barrels on a 20ga frame--which means the ONLY difference is the barrels. I owned one. Weighed on my postal scale: 6/7 with the 28" 16ga barrels vs 6/11 with 26" 20ga barrels. The previous VH 16 1 frame gun I owned weighed 6/7 with 28" barrels. Current 28" VH 0 frame: 6/0. In that case, of course, we're talking different wood, so there are other factors at work.