This is probably not really appropriate for this board. Today was Armistice Day in my youth. My Grandfather lost an eye in a Tank in the Somme. WWI was the War to end Wars. My father was killed in Normandy 25 years later inWWII. It became Veterans Day under Eisenhower.

For French wife WWI never really dies and poppies still appear in the house on this day. Her Grandfather was gassed at Verdun. Her father was sent to Dachau - stepfather carried Roosevelt off the cruiser in his wheelchair at Casablanca. Her mother and grandmother starved in Lyon under Klaus Barbie.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Doesn't really matter what's it called now. It is a day for the living; Memorial Day is to remember the departed. And I do think this is an appropriate adjunct to posting about double guns. The posts I just made about Saint Etienne shotguns brought this back to me and you can't understand Saint Etienne and it's shotgun manufactures without taking into account 1914-1918 and 1940-45.

To all of you vets...thanks...and take care brothers. We are all Americans no matter the politics.
Gene Williams

Edit: I put this in a separate thread because David mistakenly locked the Veterans' Day line. Sorry for the double post.