Bill: with the approach of the season of "peace and good will" towards men (qualified by "upon whom God's favor rests") what was the point of starting just another thread guaranteed to do the opposite?

So before Dave locks this thread, to answer Teds question regarding "Christ’s teaching and how that compares favorably to leftist dogma."
Here lies the problem.
People who "identify" as Christian (and what matters is how does God identify them) can have diametrically opposed answers. Because their answers are based on something other than truth, which is Scripture. To quote Pastor Alvin G. Hause, Bales Baptist Church, Kansas City, Missouri who faithfully served the Lord until taken home at 107.
"No question is settled until it is settled right, and no question is settled right until it is settled by the word of God."
As a non-deep thinkin' Baptist, I believe Scripture pretty much says what is means, and means what it says. The problem comes in making it mean what I/we want it to mean. And the bigger problem is in obeying/submitting to what it says.

SO the answers to all the divisive issues of our time, which are nothing new in this fallen world, start with "What does God think about this?", "Does the answer glorify God and bring lost sinners to Jesus?", "Does the answer enable sin?", "Does the answer reflect both God's love for sinner and His righteous hatred of sin?" and "Am I willing to submit to God's expressed will and not my own?"

And in closing wink for Lonesome
William Gurnall The Christian in Complete Armour
"Some things we trust God with, some things God trusts us with. The great thing which we put into God’s hand to be kept for us is our soul. That which God trusts us chiefly with is His truth."