Lloyd,

We have bunch of common ground with us both being outdoors oriented & living the blue overcrowded place our beloved Colorado has become. Like you I signed up for Medicare last July myself & you're right it is a sobering experience realizing that I'm now officially in the ranks of being a senior citizen. Be aware that there will probably be some unforeseen potholes in the transition from your old insurance to Medicare.

Like you I've also been considering moving someplace other than here, but the big question is, where it is any better? It's the old deal of, Is the grass actually greener on the other side of the fence? I never really understood the snowbird retiree thing until recently & now find myself thinking that might not be too bad of a lifestyle. The biggest issue is maintaining two places in different locations. I'm tired of the cold & snow even with our fairly mild winters here on the front range. My idea is to throw my snowblower in the back of my pick-up and drive south until someone asks me, What's that thing for? This is when I'll know I'm probably within 200 miles of being far enough south.

My thinking is. I can play around with my double guns just about anywhere and can travel to good bird hunting destinations on an as needed basis. You can find decent fishing just about anywhere by modifying your methods & adjusting accordingly. In some ways I envy our friend who just pulled up stakes & moved to Maine. I could see myself living there in the warmer months but wouldn't want to winter over there.

Good luck with your choices & let us know what you decide!