Originally Posted by greener4me
As for the post above suggesting that an alloy mixture of Bi,Alum,Tin Zinc can reproduce the ballistics of Pb seems wishful thinking .... excepting anybody with basic grounding in physics and chemistry?

I do not act in any capacity other than a driven game shot with a desire to ensure I kill my game rapidly and cleanly. I have doubts about the effective lethality of steel shot compared to lead. I also have doubts about the use of steel shot fired through a lovely old English game gun, such as those I use.

I am well aware that tests have been carried out by game shots, in the field, claiming they shot steel through old English guns and noticed no difference from lead. However, I have chosen to look at other alternatives to lead than steel, the lethality of which I have concern about. Although bismuth is clearly the favoured alternative, it is expensive and the more so if you like to use your chosen game cartridge to practice at clays during the off season. That is why I was interested in trialing the Bio Ammo Blue for myself.

In quoting what Bio Ammo say about their mixture (in brackets in my post) I would point out that they say ".. producing performance similar to that of lead." They do not claim that it can 'reproduce the ballistics of Pb'. Pedantic of me perhaps, but I am most interested in the lethality of their ammunition.

Diggory wrote a good little article on BioAmmo Blue last year, here: https://www.vintageguns.co.uk/magazine/blue-is-the-colour Since then they have started to manufacture 67mm cases.

Tim