My best shooting buddy talked me into shooting a SC Night Tourney this weekend which is apparently the hot ticket now. I was apprehensive as I had limited success shooting Skeet and 5 stand at night when I was much younger than I am now and was devoid of cataracts.
We shot two 100 bird NSCA tournaments during the day (as normal fellers do) and both were lightly attended.
Come night fall folks started showing up…… from everywhere. A lot of out of staters even.
It was a 14 station course and the were A&B 5 man squads on every station.
It was evident that there were a lot of first timers in the crowd but credit given to the management for signing up a lot of new shooters for free 1 year NSCA memberships.
The course was adorned with Christmas lights and propane heaters not too mention dozens of diesel driven industrial lighting apparatuses. I had to watch my buddy hammer targets all night, while I sent shot after shot into to deepening doom hoping to collide with an errant target or three.
I’d say the shoot was a roaring if somewhat noisy success what with all the banging and popping and laughing and folks screaming PULL over the drone of diesel generators. As for me…..if anyone mentions white chalking my rib again….it ain’t going to be pretty!!
🤨