kyjon:

i own another such gun, an isaac hollis & son 12 ejector gun that has been sleeved and rechambered to 2 3/4", and was reproofed in b-ham in 1961, with 3 1/4 ton proofs. it is choked cylinder and .020 and is a fine shooter....and an opportunity for a wesley gun at a very modest price. one of our brit regulars here has also described his "market wesley richards" as a wr with someone else's name on the sides.

i am moving toward a "system" of reloads very similar to what you describe....two classes of loads; a 2 3/4" version with a targeted pressure of 8-8,500psi, and a 2 1/2" version with a targeted pressure of 6-6,500psi....both i am hoping to yield in the range of 1,150 fps.

drew:

if i should buy the gun i will try and report the barrel dimensions as you request....i have some plug gauges and bore mics that i can depend upon, but i have some fine motor skill issues, and satisfactory use of my manson's wall gauge is rather iffy...

i have asked the seller for additional information, thus far without a response....they have a total of 8 english guns currently on gb, rather a mismash of guns, all showing obvious degrees of usage. i'm guessing that they all came from the same source, and that the shop may not have a great deal of expertise in this sort of thing....the description language is "standardized" in all the guns.

best regards,
tom