At this time I own a 1873 hammer lifter, 1882 10ga with a barrel rifle liner in 40/60, two 1889s, and six 1894s. There's a A, B, C, and three F grade trap guns. The 1900s where just as good but only had the steel barrels or the simple Damascus pattern and the snap on forearm. I like the better patterns and the looks of the 1894 forearm. The only cracked wood I've had on a Remington SxS is a 1984 that had cracks between the lock plates. I've seen many a LC Smith with cracks in the stock behind the locks. Yes, the A&D action is the simplest, easy to work on if necessary, trouble free action there is. About the only thing that has ever broken are a couple of top lever springs. The 1900s just had the lower grades without engraving or pretty wood with lower priced Damascus or steel barrels.

I think you're worrying too much about shells. Winchester also makes a low recoil, low pressure shell. I shoot mine every week [ one or the other ] with nitro shells. Sherman Bell did test with 20 Damascus Wall Hangers and couldn't blow any of them up with Remington proof loads at 18,240 psi. Many of those guns were Remingtons. If you're still worried please re-read Researchers post. Everyone gets it hammered in their head that Damascus barrel guns are unsafe to shoot unless it's black powder shells. Nonsense. Yes modern steel barrels are stronger, but Damascus barrels are plenty strong enough for what pressures shotgun shells produce, even todays ammo. JMHO