From what I understand the current 1 3/4" shells are not low pressure, especially the Federals. I've shot the the different brands, Federal, Aguila, and Champion and they all have some pretty good recoil. I converted a Mec Jr. for reloading 2" shells and it works great. You can buy the short shell conversion, but that is for 1 3/4" shells so the legs have to be shortened. It's easy enough to make your own raised platform for the Mec Jr. I'd sent in to Precision Reloading for testing a number of 2 inchers to be tested and have come up with some good low pressure fornulas for 3/4 and 7/8 shot loads using Clays, Bullseye and Titewad because that what I have. Velocities all in the 1200 range and with the exception of Titewad where the pressure is higher, the pressures are about 7200 for the 7/8 loads and 5500 for the 3/4. I'm using a Ballistic x12x gas seal, 3/8" waxed fiber and either a roll crimp or 6 point fold. I don't have a web hosting picture site at the moment so I can't post any of these but I'd be happy to send anyone the five of my best.