Drew, here are the first two pages of the pamphlet with no load info. The pamphlet appeared in Diggory's online magazine. Here’s my Hellis. Someone bit the advertisement almost 90 years ago with a more recent bite 3 years ago by me. Is it a “practical”gun? Of course not. Fortunately, I have flat of RST’s and plenty of powder, hulls, wads, etc. to reload with some recipes reportedly well below SAAMI limits by several thousand psi. I’m not a high volume shooter as I don’t shoot clays and my shooting is for game birds only. At 75 years old, just how many seasons of shooting the short hull guns are left on my calendar? In the hunting of game birds for the table, a “practical” shotgun is almost a contradiction in terms. As Chuck H. observed years ago, once one passes a KFC on the way to hunt birds for the table, all vestiges of practicality sail out of the truck’s window.
As for another practical consideration, I just put down a deposit on a 3 week old female French Brittany to learn to hunt doodles and quail from my MuttPak's American Brittanys Abby, 12.5 years old, and Willa, 9. Gil
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]